ForumMate.com

Discussions => General Discussion => Topic started by: tanduy2506 on November 30, 2011, 09:48:38 pm

Title: [Request MODs]
Post by: tanduy2506 on November 30, 2011, 09:48:38 pm
Hi dear members,

We just want to make that thread to help everyone can check our work progress.
Until now Dec 1st, 2011 , we have these request mods:[LIST=1]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** Maybe the order of tasks can be changed.
*** Maybe some tasks will be canceled.
Title: [Request MODs]
Post by: Barkerdude on December 01, 2011, 09:13:41 am
nice add more add Christmas background
Title: [Request MODs]
Post by: Paul on December 01, 2011, 11:07:43 am
Quote from: Barkerdude;540653
nice add more add Christmas background


:odd: Shaun, there are at least 4 christmas styles installed in your APC already
Title: [Request MODs]
Post by: Barkerdude on December 01, 2011, 11:09:28 am
what there call
Title: [Request MODs]
Post by: tanduy2506 on December 01, 2011, 11:46:56 am
Quote from: Barkerdude;540657
what there call
Hi,

Just go ACP > STYLES to install proChristmas.
Have fun :happy:
Title: [Request MODs]
Post by: Barkerdude on December 01, 2011, 11:53:59 am
thank you mate
Title: Request
Post by: Sp0k on March 25, 2012, 03:55:52 am
Hello I'm new to this forum I had always has vb.but any way I was looking around for so mods I can't find..I think they are (separate sticky) or (categorize announcement and sticky) something like that..the other one is (background colors for groups)   sorry I don't have the link I'm on my iPad ....and one more is (trash bin)


Ty
Title: [Request MODs]
Post by: Paul on March 25, 2012, 07:38:32 am
Quote from: Sp0k;541490
Hello I'm new to this forum I had always has vb.but any way I was looking around for so mods I can't find..I think they are (separate sticky) or (categorize announcement and sticky) something like that..the other one is (background colors for groups)   sorry I don't have the link I'm on my iPad ....and one more is (trash bin)


Ty

In our phpBB forums you can make topics as normal, sticky, Announce or global if you have the permissions to do so.......as a moderator and administrator this is normal default.
You will see the options under the posting message box.
If you want to give users the option to post sticky, announce or global topics you will need to change their permissions ... APC > PERMISSIONS (tab) > FORUM BASED PERMISSIONS/ Groups forum permissions.

Background colours ? not to sure what you mean but you are able to change the colours of usergroups in the ACP.
ACP > USERS AND GROUPS (tab) > Groups/ manage groups > click on settings for the group you want to alter.

We don't have a trash bin so I would recommend you just make a forum called trash and use the mod tools to move posts into it.

Hope this helps.
Title: Request
Post by: Sp0k on March 25, 2012, 12:51:42 pm
Quote from: Paul;541491
In our phpBB forums you can make topics as normal, sticky, Announce or global if you have the permissions to do so.......as a moderator and administrator this is normal default.
You will see the options under the posting message box.
If you want to give users the option to post sticky, announce or global topics you will need to change their permissions ... APC > PERMISSIONS (tab) > FORUM BASED PERMISSIONS/ Groups forum permissions.

Background colours ? not to sure what you mean but you are able to change the colours of usergroups in the ACP.
ACP > USERS AND GROUPS (tab) > Groups/ manage groups > click on settings for the group you want to alter.

We don't have a trash bin so I would recommend you just make a forum called trash and use the mod tools to move posts into it.


Hope this helps.





Ok Ty here are the links ...

phpBB • View topic - [2.0.13] Separate Announcements and Sticky (http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=233772) <~~~separate sticky

phpBB • View topic - Background colors for groups (http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=1179095) <~~~~ background

phpBB • View topic - [MODDB] Prime Trash Bin - Keep deleted topics & posts (http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=571551). <~~~trash bin
Title: [Request MODs]
Post by: tanduy2506 on April 02, 2012, 11:28:01 am
Quote from: Sp0k;541497
Ok Ty here are the links ...

phpBB • View topic - [2.0.13] Separate Announcements and Sticky (http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=233772) <~~~separate sticky

phpBB • View topic - Background colors for groups (http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=1179095) <~~~~ background

phpBB • View topic - [MODDB] Prime Trash Bin - Keep deleted topics & posts (http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=571551). <~~~trash bin
Thanks for your suggestion.
It seems so busy :smiley-frown:
We'll check it when we have a chance.
Title: [Request MODs]
Post by: Sp0k on April 10, 2012, 03:37:07 pm
can you guys take a look at this..

if u can do it it would nice to have......

ty

phpBB • View topic - [RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.4 (including TS Gallery converter) (http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=682765)

and something like this as well

               

Similar Topics - Modifications (http://www.phpbb3bbcodes.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=451)


(http://www.phpbb3bbcodes.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=451#)
Title: [Request MODs]
Post by: WIGGY on April 13, 2012, 04:05:48 am
look's good . love to have one on my forum good work m8 :)
Title: [Request MODs]
Post by: Paul on April 13, 2012, 06:36:15 am
That gallery mod is an older version, there is a newer one out 1.1.5 by the same mod author on his site flying-bits.org • Downloads • phpBB Gallery (http://www.flying-bits.org/download.php?mod_id=6&sid=06d863738164213c955dbc629821b648)

At the moment if it were up to me I would hold off from adding more mods as when the new version of phpBB comes out they may not work.

It would be a shame for members to get a nice gallery up and running only to be lost through an upgrade.

What I can make out (though I could be wrong) is it will be slightly different from recent versions the way mods are installed and work.

Saying all that there is still no release date so it could be 6 months or 12 months.

Maybe if that mod is installed now forumate could put a notice that gallery content may be lost in the next upgrade and then its down to forum admins to take the risk rather than forumate having complaints from forum owners that do looose anything.
Title: [Request MODs]
Post by: tanduy2506 on April 13, 2012, 11:31:41 am
Oh,

It just release new version 1.1.6 Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:15 pm.
Should we install it or not, Paul?
I still don't check that mod.
If it allows members to upload photos, I think my boss won't agree to do that.

What's should I do next?
I don't remember all of recent requests :smiley-laughing:
Title: [Request MODs]
Post by: Paul on April 13, 2012, 04:23:38 pm
Quote from: tanduy2506;541969
Oh,

It just release new version 1.1.6 Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:15 pm.
Should we install it or not, Paul?
I still don't check that mod.
If it allows members to upload photos, I think my boss won't agree to do that.

What's should I do next?
I don't remember all of recent requests :smiley-laughing:


It's not up to me as you know, but as a member of staff (unpaid ) it should be my duty to point  these things out.

I don't want to see members asking and using a mod that may not work on the next release of phpBB

From what I have read most of the modules already installed will work ok , but I'm not 100% on the gallery mod.

Virtually every mod we have installed does not matter if it's not compatible with an upgrade  ....nothing would be lost but if a gallery was installed to our forums and it was not compatible then images/pictures could be lost

As pointed out NV has released a newer version (gallery) Today so it may be compatible when the next version comes out....personally I would still hold off from installing it until we know content / images won't be lost....if it is installed then I think forum admins need to use it at their own risk.
Title: [Request MODs]
Post by: Sp0k on April 13, 2012, 05:10:05 pm
yes all that is tru......but if i would like  to see how it would look  on my forum..i would back up all pic ..if that happen...it happen but i think it would be a nice add on ..i would let my members ... know that it may not work on the next release...i think it should just be tested to see.....


+ it may work for other to use and other not...



just my 2cent

ty
Title: [Request MODs]
Post by: Paul on April 13, 2012, 06:24:43 pm
I like what your saying mate....and I agree ...it would be good to have that mod.

Like Tanduy I like it when we can fulfil mod requests but I hope members realise when we can't do them it is because we can't and not won't....also if there are concerns we need to mention them.

I only have concerns about this because it is one of the few mods that images/ data could be lost and if I didn't point these possibilities out then I wouldn't be doing my job right.
Title: [Request MODs]
Post by: Sp0k on April 15, 2012, 12:02:24 am
what about this

http://www.phpbb3bbcodes.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1180#!prettyPhoto (http://www.phpbb3bbcodes.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1180#%21prettyPhoto)

Similar Topics - Modifications (http://www.phpbb3bbcodes.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=451)


some phpbb styles you may want to look at
phpBB3 styles - phpBB styles, phpBB templates, themes and skins. Ordered by updated DESC - Awesome styles (http://www.awesomestyles.com/phpbb3-styles?d=updated/DESC/////)



just giving you things to look at...lol:playfull::playfull::spin:
Title: [Request MODs]
Post by: tanduy2506 on April 15, 2012, 08:54:41 am
Quote from: Sp0k;542014
what about this

http://www.phpbb3bbcodes.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1180#!prettyPhoto (http://www.phpbb3bbcodes.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1180#%21prettyPhoto)

Similar Topics - Modifications (http://www.phpbb3bbcodes.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=451)


some phpbb styles you may want to look at phpBB3 styles - phpBB styles, phpBB templates, themes and skins. Ordered by updated DESC - Awesome styles (http://www.awesomestyles.com/phpbb3-styles?d=updated/DESC/////)



just giving you things to look at...lol:playfull::playfull::spin:
Hi,

The Similar topics sounds cool.
But it doesn't have installation file.
I think it's not really necessary right now.

We'll think about Download Forum SEO (http://www.phpbb3bbcodes.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1180#p7608) more.

Why don't you try to use the other styles on our forum?:smiley-smile:
Title: Mood
Post by: Sp0k on April 16, 2012, 06:15:58 pm
search but not here

phpBB • View topic - phpBB Mood Swings (http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=1559945)



and this can't find an update for it...
phpBB • View topic - Welcome PM on First Login (http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=573016)
Title: [Request MODs]
Post by: Paul on April 17, 2012, 04:40:38 am
Quote from: tanduy2506;542022
Hi,

The Similar topics sounds cool.
But it doesn't have installation file.
I think it's not really necessary right now.



There is a better one with all installation files
phpBB • Precise Similar Topics II - Contribution Details (http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/precise_similar_topics_ii/)

I just installed this on my own hosted forum this morning and its great
options in the ACP to decide which forums do or don't display similar topics

I think this would be a great addition here.
Title: [Request MODs]
Post by: Sp0k on April 17, 2012, 12:22:41 pm
Quote from: Paul;542046
There is a better one with all installation files
phpBB • Precise Similar Topics II - Contribution Details (http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/precise_similar_topics_ii/)

I just installed this on my own hosted forum this morning and its great
options in the ACP to decide which forums do or don't display similar topics

I think this would be a great addition here.

nice one paul i like that one too
Title: [Request MODs]
Post by: Sp0k on April 18, 2012, 01:48:37 am
i hope the team put this one on..and the random pic as well:playfull:
Title: [Request MODs]
Post by: tanduy2506 on April 18, 2012, 12:02:20 pm
Quote from: Paul;542046
There is a better one with all installation files
phpBB • Precise Similar Topics II - Contribution Details (http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/precise_similar_topics_ii/)

I just installed this on my own hosted forum this morning and its great
options in the ACP to decide which forums do or don't display similar topics

I think this would be a great addition here.
Great,

It's cool :smiley-cool:
Thanks you so much, Paul.
I really don't know what to do if we don't have your helps.
Maybe tomorrow I'll install it first.
I still get headache with the other mods.

But I see the mod add the full-text for the topic_title column.
I'm ready not sure what wrong with the topic table has a large of items :smiley-embarassed:
Title: [Request MODs]
Post by: tanduy2506 on April 19, 2012, 12:46:51 pm
Hi,

I've just added this mod.
Maybe, I'll take a nap right now :smiley-frown:
Title: [Request MODs]
Post by: ramook on April 20, 2012, 09:59:36 am
Sincerely,It is all in wasting time when not working backup.:laugh8kb:
One day when the server drops we are trapped.:smiley-cry::smiley-cry::smiley-cry:
Title: Separate User and Bots on Index
Post by: Sp0k on April 29, 2012, 12:59:35 pm
can you look in to this mod?

link:phpBB • Separate User and Bots on Index - Contribution Details (http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/separate_user_and_bots_on_index/)

im trying to re do it to look more like this:

(http://i46.tinypic.com/1fgs52.jpg)
if any can help me to make it look like that would be nice if its cool:dance:
Title: [Request MODs]
Post by: Paul on April 29, 2012, 02:16:28 pm
It does look good but I'm not sure Tanduy will add it.

There are over 200 styles and some might not show this sort of mod correctly.
I'm sure he will check it out though. :playfull:
Title: [Request MODs]
Post by: tanduy2506 on April 30, 2012, 11:20:16 am
Quote from: Sp0k;542148
can you look in to this mod?

link:phpBB • Separate User and Bots on Index - Contribution Details (http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/separate_user_and_bots_on_index/)

im trying to re do it to look more like this:

if any can help me to make it look like that would be nice if its cool:dance:
Hi,

Do you think it's really cool?
It just display users and bots on separate lines within the stats section of your forum.
I'm not sure all of styles will display it correctly :smiley-frown:
Title: [Request MODs]
Post by: Sp0k on April 30, 2012, 12:43:48 pm
i like it...even more if i can get it to show..... 3sec staff,member,bots or guest...:dance: that would be cool like the pic...so it will not be all in one line


what about this one

                             Anti-Bot (http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=645075#p3579795)

phpBB • View topic - Anti-Bot Question (http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=645075)

be good for auto post in the shoutbox to let u know someone made a new post with a link to it as will.....
Title: [Request MODs]
Post by: Paul on May 01, 2012, 04:00:20 am
Quote from: Sp0k;542157
i like it...even more if i can get it to show..... 3sec staff,member,bots or guest...:dance: that would be cool like the pic...so it will not be all in one line


It was not that long that we altered the legend to show order of rank (in line), I can't see this going down well with a lot of forum admins as it could mess up that order of ranks.

There are a lot of forums that have a lot of user groups/ ranks (gaming/ clans etc) and this would make their forums look a mess with a long list.

http://www.forummate.com/forums/phpbb3-manuals-guides/445153-mod-add-groups-team-page-legend-repositioning-v0-2-0-a.html

Quote from: Sp0k;542157

what about this one

                             Anti-Bot (http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=645075#p3579795)

phpBB • View topic - Anti-Bot Question (http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=645075)


This mod was pre CAPTCHA, we already have captcha and anti spam installed on our forums.
You also have the options to ask questions to stop/reduce spammers on the registration page
ACP > USERS AND GROUPS > Custom profile fields



Quote from: Sp0k;542157

be good for auto post in the shoutbox to let u know someone made a new post with a link to it as will.....


I don't understand how this works with the shoutbox .......I looked at the mod description
Quote
Modification description: Add an Admin controlled anti-bot question to the registration page and ACP.

 and can't see where it mentions the shoutbox......can you explain more ?
Title: Custom BBCode only for MOD
Post by: Sp0k on May 05, 2012, 04:58:40 am
phpBB • Custom BBCode only for MOD - Contribution Details (http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/custom_bbcode_only_for_mod/)
Title: [Request MODs]
Post by: Paul on May 05, 2012, 05:30:54 am
Quote from: Sp0k;542200
phpBB • Custom BBCode only for MOD - Contribution Details (http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/custom_bbcode_only_for_mod/)

Hi
That is already available in the Advanced BBcodes box 3 we have installed

Go to ACP > POSTING > ABBC3 BBcodes......in options click on the green edit icon....you can set who uses which bbcode by clicking on the group's under the heading Manage groups *

If you are adding multiple groups you need to click on one group then hold down ctrl + Alt
Title: [Request MODs]
Post by: Paul on May 10, 2012, 11:44:01 am
My turn to ask for a mod Tanduy

The mod is topic prefix
It will let our admins have the choice to add prefix's in certain topics so user have to add one of the pre-added prefix's before their posts subject name.

Its a great mod in my opinion and will be a great help and benefit to our forum admins.

 phpBB • Topic Prefix MOD - Contribution Details (http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/topic_prefix_mod/)
Title: [Request MODs]
Post by: tanduy2506 on May 11, 2012, 04:27:17 am
Quote from: Paul;542268
My turn to ask for a mod Tanduy

The mod is topic prefix
It will let our admins have the choice to add prefix's in certain topics so user have to add one of the pre-added prefix's before their posts subject name.

Its a great mod in my opinion and will be a great help and benefit to our forum admins.

 phpBB • Topic Prefix MOD - Contribution Details (http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/topic_prefix_mod/)
Hi,

I already checked this mod before.
Actually it's not too difficult to install it.
But we must to add more field into the table database.
That mod don't have the installation script too.
Title: [Request MODs]
Post by: Paul on May 11, 2012, 12:02:11 pm
Quote from: tanduy2506;542275
Hi,

I already checked this mod before.
Actually it's not too difficult to install it.
But we must to add more field into the table database.
That mod don't have the installation script too.


I agree it is very easy to install (I added this to my own hosted forum)
yes there are a few sql queries to run to alter the table.

That's odd everything's there in the copy I downloaded.