News:

Welcome to ForumMate.com

Main Menu

Forum speed

Started by Alison, January 02, 2009, 09:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alison

I know I've not got my forum active properly just now, but it is so slow in loading it's painful.

At the moment, I have a very active forum (106 members, over 210,000 posts) but the host I am with has become exceptionally unreliable to the point that they've disappeared off the face of the earth.  I want to move all my members over to here but if the speed of loading that I've been experiencing just trying to set the forum up is anything to go by, they're going to complain to me a lot!

I'm absolutely loving the forum though - there are so many things to tinker with - far more than I've found on any other free forum and the support has been great so far.

It's just my speed.

Can anything be done about it please?

Dogs & Co • Portal

Support

We're getting too much spam posts/forums/connections that's why your forum running so slow. However, we've installed a new anti spam module and I hope it would make our forum run faster.

Ashley

Just out of curiosity, but what does this anti-spam module do?:???:

A friendly general chatting community where you are free to speak your mind and have a good time. Join today!:-D

Support

Quote from: Ashley;524978Just out of curiosity, but what does this anti-spam module do?:???:
If your IP listed on Spamhaus list, you cannot access any site on our server. For more info, please read here
By the way, we removed that module because we received a lot of complaint about it.