PROBLEMS WITH LOGIN IN TO YOUR FORUM? SET COOKIES

Started by Support, January 25, 2005, 10:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Support

Hi,

If you are having problems login to your forum then it is most likely that your forum cookies is not set correctly. Also, if you are seeing "Redirection URL exceed limited", then this is also due to cookies problem.

Here is the fix.  Go to admin panel then go to Configuration then look for cookies domain  then put in .noonhost.com  

This should fix the login problem.

All new forum setup will have this feature so you don't have to do it.

Thanks
Noon

Support

Quote from: dj0026Im trying to get another person to join, but has had several problems, registered like 3 or 4 times, even got a new email account...but still cant post on the page...any help would be nice
http://www.noonhost.com/index.php?mforum=ripskeepers&sid=9d8a647991a023eb323e81fdefd13e2e

I just registered on your forum and posted a message there without problems.

Support

Quote from: Anonymoustks!

It sloved now. That's great!

Great!  Nice bunny

Article

Hello

I am able to login - BUT - I can not change or add
anything to my forum any more.

I have NO control over anything any more.

http://www.noonhost.com/?mforum=johnfox

prior to recieving this new url I lost any control
over my forum and it still is happening?

I have read and done all the suggestions, cookie
deleted and re-login, cookie domain is noonhost.com
etc.

any help would be appreciated, please.

John Fox

Article

Thank you Pete,

I'll give it a try, my puter is acting up lately may be the problem.

Article

Hello Pete,

I found a way to fix my problem,  :lol:

After trying many times to delete cookies and
everything else, over and over again, to no avail.

I remembered there is a way (on windows 98)
to "Repair IE".

Programs - Accessories - System Tools -
System Information

Then when the box comes up - (At the top) -
click "TOOLS" and then click
"Internet Explorer Repair Tool" and follow the
instructions and then reboot.

Waallllaaa it is fixed and I now have my control
back.

Thank you for your help.
http://www.noonhost.com/johnfox.html

John Fox

Article

ya i still dont know how to login on my forum,if you could tell me a bitt more detail it would be greatly apreceated

Article

Hello this is chris,

recently i made a forum via noonhost
and all semed to be going well.
after completing it i tested it from work and from my house and it seemed to be working fine.
that evening i told some friends to register on my page but they told me they could not get on.
I'm like wtf and decide to check for myself and it seemed they were correct. I the adress = //www.noonhost.com/ufoalert.html and it seems impossible to log on. i did all the things mentioned above but still no changes. Darkdesign  PW= 1234qwer pls check it for me and see if you can do anything about it .

Support

Quote from: AnonymousHello this is chris,

after completing it i tested it from work and from my house and it seemed to be working fine.
that evening i told some friends to register on my page but they told me they could not get on.
I'm like wtf and decide to check for myself and it seemed they were correct. I the adress = //www.noonhost.com/ufoalert.html and it seems impossible to log on. i did all the things mentioned above but still no changes. Darkdesign  PW= 1234qwer pls check it for me and see if you can do anything about it .
We are working to fix it right now.

Support

Quote from: Support
Quote from: AnonymousHello this is chris,

We are working to fix it right now.
Oh, you set cookie secure to enable, so you could not login to your account.

It's fixed. You can try again right now. And you can not set cookie secure to enable. Some config values are not save in Configuration. Thanks for your report.

Have fun with noonhost free forums.

Regards
The Noonhost Support Team

Article

{LOW}Optiquest

do yall support freephpnuke.org

if u do i can login into my admin/forms but when i do i get a white screen and a few lines at the mid section
and the phbb logo in the upper left hand corner is all i get
and i tried it on fire fox aswell and it didnt help
is there an update thats going or is the site having bad days this is the 2nd day in a row

please help

thanks
{LOW}Commander

Support

Hello,

This is solved. Don't make changes in styles if you don't know what are you doing.

Thank you.

Quote from: {LOW}Optiquestdo yall support freephpnuke.org

if u do i can login into my admin/forms but when i do i get a white screen and a few lines at the mid section
and the phbb logo in the upper left hand corner is all i get
and i tried it on fire fox aswell and it didnt help
is there an update thats going or is the site having bad days this is the 2nd day in a row

please help

thanks

Rain

I have a similair prob one of my members cannot login. It tells him emial is invalid...then it tells him that he will be emailed a validation but I dont have my forums set on that. We have tried deleting cookies and all. If anyone can help that would be great.

Support

Hello,

You can active his account via Administration Panel -> User Admin -> Management -> Look up his username -> Special admin-only fields -> User is active: Yes -> Press "Submit" to save changes. That's all.

Quote from: RainI have a similair prob one of my members cannot login. It tells him emial is invalid...then it tells him that he will be emailed a validation but I dont have my forums set on that. We have tried deleting cookies and all. If anyone can help that would be great.