How do you get more visitors?

Started by Support, February 24, 2006, 07:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Support

Dear Beautiful Users,

Getting your forum to search engine listing is very important.  It will attract more vistitors to your forum.  

Noonhost has done everything it could to help you with this respect.  For example, we have invited Google and Yahoo to come to our sitemap generator to deeply index your pages.  

However, if you want your forum to get there faster, you need to do some of the work yourself.  We recommended that you advertise your forums on other forums that you visit, tell your friends/enemies, and submit your site to these search engines:

Google submit Add your URL to Google

MSN at Live Search URL Submission

Yahoo at http://submit.search.yahoo.com/free/request

DMOZ at ODP - Open Directory Project

You will see results and you will smile.  Happy Foruming.

Mr. Noon

Pete

In addition, don't forget to optimize your meta tags...

QuoteWe've added a new feature which will help your forum get more traffic. It's the newly added, user-adjustable, meta tags. Meta tags are special codes used by search engine bots to obtain information about your forum. These meta tags can greatly improve your search engine rankings over time (several months) resulting in better traffic.

How to adjust your meta tags:

1. Log into your forum as the admin
    2. Go to the admin panel > General Admin > Configuration > META Tag Settings
    3. Add relevant keywords, separated by commas (do not repeat the same word more than 3 times or it will be considering spam and ignored by bots).
    4. Add a relevant description of the site, which will likely be displayed on search engines
    5. Add a relavent abstract (similar to description, but shorter)

Other tips for helping your rankings includes having the keywords appear on your website, including in the description and abstract. For example, if your website was about "baseball", your site could have the following:

1. Title = Baseball forum
    2. Desription = The baseball forum discusses all aspects of baseball
    3. Keywords = baseball, Yankees, Dodgers, homerun, baseball teams
    4. Abstract = Forum about baseball
    5. Forums = General Baseball topics, baseball teams, baseball rules, favorite baseball players

Within a few months, your forum should move up in the search engine ranks and draw more traffic  .

Forumfinder

Another very well written article.
ForumFinder
The Forum Development Experts
Helping YOU to be seen, heard and known.
http://forumfinder.net

Yoda1

Well I've already done all those

QuoteGoogle submit Add your URL to Google

MSN at Submit It!: MSN Search Free Submission

Yahoo at http://submit.search.yahoo.com/free/request

DMOZ at ODP - Open Directory Project

But only Spammers come to my site...

the only cool members is solaries10

MaT

Thank you for this Support its been a great help keep up the support lol...
Cheers,
FreeForum Team
[/b]

My Site's.
My Face Book
My PS3 Clan Site
[/b]

cluny2300

a
do i have to pay to add my url to those sites?

Pete

Quote from: cluny2300;510640do i have to pay to add my url to those sites?

The sites listed should be free.  Of course you could pay someone to do it for you, but it's pretty easy to do yourself, so no need to waste the money.

snescrono

I keep getting an error page when I click on the msn one
come check out my site //www.gamerslounge.forumlivre.com

Support

Quote from: snescrono;511096I keep getting an error page when I click on the msn one
New submission page is here: Live Search URL Submission

Thanks for your report.

lordgivemick

heres some ways that help also.

1.) never send out email for the site to visitors unless you give them a warning in your forums first. other wise they will just think your spamming there email and not join or recommend others not to join.

2.) keep everythign on your site simple. People dont liek complicated thing, big long sentences and stuff.

3.) do not add stuff to the home page of your site that starts to autoplay music and stuff. People dont like this. it may slow them down. keep it on a seprate page.

4.)never ever go to a site where you can buy peopel to join your site. they can spam up your forums then no one will come to your site.

5.) keep the rules simple and to the point. give people chances. trust there decisions, and keep spamming to a minumal.

6.) make shure your moderators arn't abusing there power. people dont liek this and will leave as the resut and suggest people to not come and join your site.

and finally 7.) make your site about more than one thing. peopel like chooses. it can also hel t attract other people to your forums. Exampel your forum is about cars, put down and anime/manga section. Then people from the anime/manga world will come and join up with ya.
Hey new site opened up for both games and website support as well as other things come check it out at.

http://spirea.flphost.com hope you all enjoy.

KingLeer

Quote from: lordgivemick;511757heres some ways that help also.

1.) never send out email for the site to visitors unless you give them a warning in your forums first. other wise they will just think your spamming there email and not join or recommend others not to join.

2.) keep everythign on your site simple. People dont liek complicated thing, big long sentences and stuff.

3.) do not add stuff to the home page of your site that starts to autoplay music and stuff. People dont like this. it may slow them down. keep it on a seprate page.

4.)never ever go to a site where you can buy peopel to join your site. they can spam up your forums then no one will come to your site.

5.) keep the rules simple and to the point. give people chances. trust there decisions, and keep spamming to a minumal.

6.) make shure your moderators arn't abusing there power. people dont liek this and will leave as the resut and suggest people to not come and join your site.

and finally 7.) make your site about more than one thing. peopel like chooses. it can also hel t attract other people to your forums. Exampel your forum is about cars, put down and anime/manga section. Then people from the anime/manga world will come and join up with ya.

No offense but I think people also like correct grammar and spelling.. *cough cough*
Want to express your Voice!
Make new friends and give your
opinion on issues! :D

www.voice.freeforum.ca

Gamers, here's a site you might like.
The games on it so far are:
Runescape,KoC,SilkRoad and America's Army!
Rapidly gorwing, just needs a good base start!

www.gruul.freeforum.ca

Need help?
Ask me!
Send me a message and I'll help!

~Radu~

MaT

Its a good list, DONT flame him just for his Spelling.
Cheers,
FreeForum Team
[/b]

My Site's.
My Face Book
My PS3 Clan Site
[/b]

tecktalk

yess.. that would be better ...

Alexey Sveta

Hej Guys :-D

I know it has quite of a bad name...  those traffic generating programs spread throughout the internet.

But what really worked, is subscribing to a lot of them and after activitation, redirecting those visitors exactly to your forum page. People really stick over there and you really get visitors that come back over time.

The ones that you have to sign up to are:

TrafficSwarm

FastFreeWay

Hitpulse

Startpageads

TrafficG
  [FONT="]Trademypage[/FONT]
[FONT="][/FONT][FONT="]Eternalhits[/FONT]

[FONT="][/FONT]
It really helped me out a lot! I'm honest.

Also redirecting others helps to increase visitor amounts

james786

Advertise your forum in different websites and also gives ads about your forum in blog & local search engines. You can also announce contest at your fourm and advertise it in other forum. It will help to get new members...
Signature removed due TOS violation.