AOK Forum - The Prop Den

Started by NoHumorMan, June 07, 2007, 04:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoHumorMan

Sweet.  Thanks for all your assistance. .)
No Humor Man - Corporation for Bad Swimmers

ForumMate

Ok have the domain now. Should be restored. I can see your forum ok on my end.
But you might have DNS cached.

NoHumorMan

Well, it usually takes a few hours or a day or two before I'll be able to see it again.  At least now I know the site is there all right.  Thanks for all the help.

NoHumorMan

WOAW... that was quicker than usual.  I got the site back now.  Cheers.

NoHumorMan

Hi again, just wanted to report that the forum is running really slow (same with this forum) and our e-mail notification system doesn't seem to work properly, regarding sending out activation code e-mails.

ForumMate

Been running database backups on the server at the moment it will be slower the next couple of days.

NoHumorMan

NoHumorMan

http://thepropden.aokforums.com/index.php

Site has been running slow today.  Hope this is something that can be looked into.

ForumMate

Yeah I noticed looked at the server looks ok.
Looks like it was a networking issue i saw dropped packets.
Will keep an eye on it.

NoHumorMan

Thanks mate, much appreciated. .)

NoHumorMan

Users' Forum Permissions and groups' Forum Permissions doesn't work together.  When assigning permissions to a specific group of members such as registered users, it does not apply those permission to the individual user permissions profile and we will have to go in and edit those individually... and that's a lot with a 1582 member base.

Is there any way these two can be synchronized so that you can be sure that the group permissions get applied to the individual user permissions on how they view the forum?

NoHumorMan

Forum is very slow and occasionally goes to a blank white screen when browsing and posting messages.  Hope this can be looked into.

NoHumorMan

Same issue.  Slow and just stalls out.  Hope this can be looked into.

ForumMate

Will take a look and see what I can do to speed it up.

NoHumorMan

Thanks for that.  Have another issue, a user with the username xmr1 had this issue popping up:

*Using Safari I get an annoying pop up (yieldmanager, asking me to check out a new "candy"(?) everytime I load a page on the Den. Using my Iphone.*

Hope this can be looked at.