AOK Forum - The Prop Den

Started by NoHumorMan, June 07, 2007, 04:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoHumorMan

Making this new thread as the old one was turned into *report server and mysql error* thread.

I'm having an occurrence with my forum.  Have some parts set to *private (hidden)* and accept members to access those areas once they have filled a certain quota.  However, I have learned that even thought I have updated their profile permissions to *Allowed Access* that they still cannot view the section.

What can cause this?  Should I ask them to clear their cache or how can I fix this or is it a bug in the system?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
No Humor Man - Corporation for Bad Swimmers

NoHumorMan

When pressing the "profile" button under a members post I get this message:

Sorry, This is error 404. Back to freeforum.ca forums. If you believe that you just typed a forum url correctly, please try access the forum via subdomain. For instance: Free Forum Hosting instead of http://www.aokforums.com/forumname/forumname.html or http://www.aokforums.com/forumname/index.php?mforum=forumname.

Support

It seems to work fine for me. Can you tell me the usernames/members that you can view their profile? Thanks.

NoHumorMan

Yeah... it works fine today.  I'll write again if it occurs again and will also write where and the user it failed to work with.

Thanks.

NoHumorMan

A new thing I noticed today.  When doing a quick edit after having posted the message it now says I can't post so quickly - the flood interval thing - but that previously did not pop up when doing edits, no matter how quickly the edit was made after the post was posted.

Seems like a glitch to me.

freeforum

Quote from: NoHumorMan;509822A new thing I noticed today.  When doing a quick edit after having posted the message it now says I can't post so quickly - the flood interval thing - but that previously did not pop up when doing edits, no matter how quickly the edit was made after the post was posted.

Seems like a glitch to me.
I apologize for any inconvenience, it's not a glitch, we setup flood interval for all forums to prevent post flood, please wait a few seconds then post next messages.

Thanks.

NoHumorMan

I already had flood-interval installed, so why was this implemented so it messes with the edit option?  I wanna be able to edit fast and post it quickly after I posted the message, if I need it.  And this flood-interval thing doesn't appear to affect your edit function in this here forum.

And another issue: One of my users has reported that he can't post when posting in Safari.  He sent a link to what he gets when posting, though, not sure if that's the actual error message he gets, still waiting on confirmation on that:

The Prop Den ::

The user is Hedjii72

I don't want any systems preventing my users to post.

freeforum

I just fixed the flood interval of your forum. Please help me tell your members try to post in Safari again, it may work now. Thanks.

NoHumorMan

Thanks.  I'll report back with an update to the users posting capabilities.

NoHumorMan

It worked.

For another thing: is it possible to implement a feature that makes it impossible for a user to edit his post after someone has made a reply to his post, to prevent people from later going back and erasing what they've said?

As long as no one has replied it is okay to edit, but not after.  To keep things from getting edited away later.

This feature should not affect the mods or administrator, who'd be able to edit all posts.

Or is such a feature too complicated?

Let me know.

Support

Sorry, this is impossible.

Support

Now, this is impossible. Sorry..

NoHumorMan

That's okay.  Just saw the feature on another forum and thought I should ask.  Cheers and keep up the good work! :mrgreen:

NoHumorMan

Just a quick question: how is the security against hackers specifically targeting a forum?  Are there any security features in place?

NoHumorMan

What format is the .bak back-up file? zip, gzip, bzip2?  Just for future reference.

Thanks.