AOK Forum - The Prop Den

Started by NoHumorMan, June 07, 2007, 04:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoHumorMan

Is it possible to add a name feature, as I've seen on another forum, encircled in the picture below, as I've had problems remembering people's names because of the increase in members.

No Humor Man - Corporation for Bad Swimmers

NoHumorMan

I'm waiting patiently for answers to my three questions, thanks.

MaT

Mate Waiting patiently means stop postin every day alright

And i dont think we can becouse then we would have to change the whole theme.
Cheers,
FreeForum Team
[/b]

My Site's.
My Face Book
My PS3 Clan Site
[/b]

Support

QuoteJust a quick question: how is the security against hackers specifically targeting a forum? Are there any security features in place?
If we are to be honest no forum software is fully protected from the exploits constantly developed by hackers but we will to try our best to protect your forum. You should back up your site at least once a month.
QuoteWhat format is the .bak back-up file? zip, gzip, bzip2?  Just for future reference.
The backup files are encrypted to secure data.
QuoteIs it possible to add a name feature, as I've seen on another forum, encircled in the picture below, as I've had problems remembering people's names because of the increase in members.
We will take care of  it. We will get back to you soon. Thanks.

NoHumorMan

Quote from: Support;510143If we are to be honest no forum software is fully protected from the exploits constantly developed by hackers but we will to try our best to protect your forum. You should back up your site at least once a month.
Thanks.  Yes, I have started doing that.

Quote from: Support;510143The backup files are encrypted to secure data.
Yes, but is it possible to get to know what kind of encryption.  Is it any of those encryption types listed in the previous post of something else?

Quote from: Support;510143We will take care of  it. We will get back to you soon. Thanks.
Oh... that's cool.  Thanks! :mrgreen:

Support

The backup file is not in zip, gzip or bzip2 formats. For instance if you're making some kind of change to settings in an application, it might make a .bak file which will let you restore your previous settings.
QuoteIs it possible to add a name feature, as I've seen on another forum, encircled in the picture below, as I've had problems remembering people's names because of the increase in members.

Sorry, we do not offer this because we must edit the source code ,templates and database to install it.

NoHumorMan

Quote from: Support;510194The backup file is not in zip, gzip or bzip2 formats.
But would it be possible to be told what format your back-up files are compressed to?

That's okay about the name feature... just saw it on another forum and thought I'd ask.

Support

Sorry, we do not provide the format of the backup file.

NoHumorMan

It is just that I would like to move the forum to another service, and if you don't want to share it with me, would you then share it with the provider of the other service so we can upload the back-up file there?

Support

I'm sorry, we can't share it with another service.

NoHumorMan

Well... I had to ask... no harm.

NoHumorMan

A topic was lost during a move to another section as the forum suffered from a server error when the topic was moved.  I have an older .bak file of the forum that has most of the topic, except possibly the most recent posts... would it be possible to get that one topic re-instated on the forum from that .bak file without affecting the whole forum.

Let me know.

NoHumorMan

Double post, sorry.

NoHumorMan

I have at least one member confirmed who cannot access the site.  He gets a server error, even though the forum is running fine.  The user in question is Darth Phaeton, but there may be more.

Help please.

Support

Quote from: NoHumorMan;510364A topic was lost during a move to another section as the forum suffered from a server error when the topic was moved.  I have an older .bak file of the forum that has most of the topic, except possibly the most recent posts... would it be possible to get that one topic re-instated on the forum from that .bak file without affecting the whole forum.

Let me know.
Could you please send me the backup of your site and the name of the thread which you want to restore.

Thanks.