AOK Forum - The Prop Den

Started by NoHumorMan, June 07, 2007, 04:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Support

Quote from: NoHumorMan;510378I have at least one member confirmed who cannot access the site.  He gets a server error, even though the forum is running fine.  The user in question is Darth Phaeton, but there may be more.

Help please.

Can you provide us their ip's address?

Thanks.

NoHumorMan

Quote from: Support;510381Could you please send me the backup of your site and the name of the thread which you want to restore.
Here's the URL to the saved .bak file and the file I'd like restored is called Dr. Jones' Diary and was located in the *Privileged Section - Hidden - Vader Props, Info & Production Pictures*:

Please be careful.  If it can't be restored without having to restore the whole forum, then please don't try it.  Cheers.

Quote from: Support;510383Can you provide us their ip's address?
PM sent.

Btw... the forum is still very unsteady with several smaller timed server errors a day, but I take it that's happening overall and not just on my forum!?
No Humor Man - Corporation for Bad Swimmers

NoHumorMan

This is really weird... my last post didn't appear at all until I posted this message... weird...

Support

I just removed the link to backup file. We're looking into it right now. After we finish, we will ask you known.
QuoteThis is really weird... my last post didn't appear at all until I posted this message... weird...
Are you still getting the problem? You can't post on your forum?

NoHumorMan

Quote from: Support;510407I just removed the link to backup file. We're looking into it right now. After we finish, we will ask you known.
That's cool.
Thanks for removing the link as well. :mrgreen:

Quote from: Support;510407Are you still getting the problem? You can't post on your forum?
Well... I'll let you know if it's still happening.  EDIT: Yup... it works fine now! .)

Posting works fine on my forum, no problems there.

Support

We just created new site with your backup file, please go to  The Prop Den :: Index and log on with administrator account, find and copy the topic you want to restore or do anything you want. After you finish, please ask we known, i will delete it. Thanks.

NoHumorMan

Quote from: Support;510441We just created new site with your backup file, please go to  The Prop Den :: Index and log on with administrator account, find and copy the topic you want to restore or do anything you want. After you finish, please ask we known, i will delete it. Thanks.
I'm done.  I can't possibly copy and paste that whole topic and conversation to my forum - it's a too long topic.  Unless it can be moved in its entirety, with the posts and posters intact I no longer have no use of it.  But thanks anyway.

Quote from: Support;510383
Quote from: NoHumorMan;510378I have at least one member confirmed who cannot access the site.  He gets a server error, even though the forum is running fine.  The user in question is Darth Phaeton, but there may be more.
Help please.
Can you provide us their ip's address?
Thanks.
Any news on why this user can't access the forum yet?  He contacted his internet provider but haven't heard back yet.

Support

Sorry, i don't found his IP address in banned list, please ask him try to check his internet connection.

NoHumorMan

Quote from: Support;510446Sorry, i don't found his IP address in banned list, please ask him try to check his internet connection.
Well, that's good.  He is still waiting for a reply from his provider... will let you know what happens! :D

Support

NoHumorMan

Got a reply.  The provider checked his connection and all was well there.  Wonder what could be the cause then.

NoHumorMan

He tried someone's else's computer and had full access, so it is his IP address at home that is the problem.

Just strange that it wasn't on the ban list... as that would've seemed to be the most logic choice for what is wrong. :(

Support

Quote from: NoHumorMan;510483He tried someone's else's computer and had full access, so it is his IP address at home that is the problem.

Just strange that it wasn't on the ban list... as that would've seemed to be the most logic choice for what is wrong. :(
I will look into the banned IP list again. Please wait ..

Support

I just removed his ip address from the banned ip list. Please ask him scan his computer for spyware and virus, when his get the sever error, please press the refresh button in his browser after some minute but don't press it too many times. Thanks.

NoHumorMan

Quote from: Support;510489I just removed his ip address from the banned ip list. Please ask him scan his computer for spyware and virus, when his get the sever error, please press the refresh button in his browser after some minute but don't press it too many times. Thanks.

Thank you.  He has access now. :mrgreen: