AOK Forum - The Prop Den

Started by NoHumorMan, June 07, 2007, 04:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoHumorMan

But... does guest settings affect registered users settings?

I don't understand why the settings has to be this ridiculously complex.

I also don't understand why there are posts in the active topics list when we do NOT have that feature enabled on any of the forums or subforums.
No Humor Man - Corporation for Bad Swimmers

NoHumorMan

As far as I'm aware I have removed the guest access to those sections and subsections.  Didn't seem to have any effect on the active topics list.

NoHumorMan

This site offered a possible fix by completely removing the search indexing, but it doesn't seem to have worked on ours.  Maybe it's because ours' is phpbb-seo.com instead!?

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1167295

NoHumorMan

I've been going through the forum settings like crazy.  Nothing in the settings seems wrong, so why we are having the issue of any posts showing up in active topics list when that feature isn't even enabled on any of our sections is just beyond me.  I really do not want to deal with phpbb-seo.com again.  They were slow to respond and not particularly helpful.

NoHumorMan

Would still like to have the active topics list shut down.  Since it is not possible to block topic titles from sections of the forum people aren't supposed to see, I feel we need to completely stop the list from logging any posts.

Really hope we can get this fixed along with the other issues we are having.

NoHumorMan

We still haven't been able to figure out the reason why any topics even display in the active topics list, when we don't even have that feature enabled in our settings.  If we can't stop threads from hidden sections from showing up, hopefully we can stop all threads from all sections from showing up.  But how do we do that when the feature is already set at disabled?

NoHumorMan

The sign up capthca code isn't working.  Even when typing what is in the box it states it is wrong.  Please fix this.

Also, we still have the issue with topic titles being listed in the active topics list.

ForumMate

I just tested the signup page on Firefox was able to create an account but need to be approved.

NoHumorMan

Yeah, a co-admin did something with the captcha and hopefully that worked... though, we will have to wait and see.

NoHumorMan

Hi, seems we are having some issues with the notifications, both for pm's and threads people are following.  They are not getting any notifications and it seems it is random who it happens to, but we would appreciate it if it was looked at to see if there is a glitch in the system.

Thanks.

NoHumorMan

Hi again, have just gotten a notice that a member has been receiving virus warnings when accessing our forum.  It has happened several times, so I was hoping you could look into it and see if the forum has been hacked to spread virus to users.  The member use Norton Antivirus, in case that matters to the investigation.

Thanks.

ForumMate

Did you get a link or screenshot of it?

NoHumorMan

No.  But I can ask the user if he can provide one.

ForumMate

NoHumorMan

We haven't received any screen caps of the issue or heard anything else of it since, so I'm hoping it is gone.

But we have been alerted to the registration notification e-mail not reaching people who sign up to the forum.  I was wondering whether it is a glitch that causes it to never be sent!?  The reports we get is that they do not get caught in spam filters or anything - they simply do not receive them.
We have the setting so that new members have to activate themselves.  We are currently unaware of how many are affected by this, but we'll start writing to new sign-up accounts to remind them to activate their accounts and hopefully the notification e-mail issue can be fixed. :)