AOK Forum - The Prop Den

Started by NoHumorMan, June 07, 2007, 04:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForumMate

Still trying to figure that out. Our users able to login normally?

ForumMate

NoHumorMan

It seems it works now, but for some reason when they post images it only shows the links and not the images themselves and they are doing it like they usually did it.  Hope this can be fixed.

Any word on the private message issues?  Missing private messages in inbox and sent folder, as well as not being able to view the folder by date instead of author!?
No Humor Man - Corporation for Bad Swimmers

ForumMate

Private messages no progress i can't recreate the issue on my end yet.
What user's members ids are having the issue?

NoHumorMan

I do, as well as a member called vadermonkey.  I'll post more usernames when I hear from others.

NoHumorMan

Another issue that has been reported is that when posting pictures (I wasn't specified whether it was external or internal hosting), it does not show the picture on the forum, but only shows the URL for the picture or the word "image".  Can this be fixed, please, as we are a forum that relies heavily on pictures being shown.

ForumMate

NoHumorMan

Thanks man.  Much appreciated.  I can post examples later when I get back home if it is needed.  Was sent a few by one of the other staff on our forum.

ForumMate

Yes examples help I can look it over if not send it to developer to take a look.

NoHumorMan

Well, I got a screen capture of one of the posted images and how it looks on the forum.

Usually you could just post direct links and then simply have the [img] [/ img] brackets around the picture URL to show it on the forum, but now it just shows the URL.

Also, another member of our staff is trying to get access to this support forum, but he is caught by a captcha that won't let him pass, no matter how many times he tries.  He already has an account here, which may be the reason he can't get further, but could you please re-activate his account and send him a password reset link, so he can get back on, as I won't always be available if there are issues on our forum.  This is his profile: http://www.forummate.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=70181

darthvaderv

Thanks nohumorman all sorted for my log in.

Regarding the images on the Prop Den, this hasn't worked for many days since I've tried.  It just shows the URL link as mentioned and no direct image.
Usually We just copy the link we want from the hosting site (photobucket), go to the prop den, paste the link,click on [Img] and it shows the image we want.  Can we please take care of this asap as people are posting images all the time and they don't want just the links.  Many thanks. 

NoHumorMan

I am still getting this error message when posting replies to The Prop Den:

Recoverable fatal error: Object of class template could not be converted to string in C:\echophp\freeforum.ca\web\includes\functions_messenger.php on line 205

I do not get any error messages when posting a new topic.  Only when replying to topics.  I'll write down from now on which topics it happens in, in case it is a random error.

Also, similar to the issue with the private messages, it seems that the "active posts" list is also scrambled or sorted in a different way than newest/latest first.  The Private Messages are sorted by author instead of latest first.  We prefer latest first, so hope it can be changed back.  Also, any news on lost private messages.  Is there a way to recover them?

ForumMate

Images should be fixed now. If you posted a image during that you might have to resave it. Ported over some changes let me know what is fixed or not.

NoHumorMan

Posting images work.  Private messages and active topics are back to normal.  I still get this error message when posting a reply (the reply is posted, when I go back and check the thread, but the error message is kinda annoying).

Recoverable fatal error: Object of class template could not be converted to string in C:\echophp\freeforum.ca\web\includes\functions_messenger.php on line 212

The error occurred when posting a picture to test whether it worked in this thread: http://thepropden.aokforums.com/6-vt1626.html?start=77

ForumMate

I don't seem to be getting Recoverable fatal error: Object of class template could not be converted to string in C:\echophp\freeforum.ca\web\includes\functions_messenger.php on line 212 when replying to my test messages in my forum.  What options are checked when post a reply topic.