AOK Forum - The Prop Den

Started by NoHumorMan, June 07, 2007, 04:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoHumorMan

Of all the options listed only the following is checked in the list (marked by X)

Disable BBCode
   Disable smilies
   Do not automatically parse URLs
X   Attach a signature (signatures can be altered via the UCP)
   Notify me when a reply is posted
   Lock topic

So there really shouldn't be any issues.  Can you check if there is an issue with my account that may be connected with the admin control panel issue and the fact that I was locked out!?
No Humor Man - Corporation for Bad Swimmers

NoHumorMan

I'm still getting this error message when replying to topics:

Recoverable fatal error: Object of class template could not be converted to string in C:\echophp\freeforum.ca\web\includes\functions_messenger.php on line 212

I have heard from another user who is having the same problem.  There may be more, as I'm seeing a lot of double posts that we then have to delete manually.

ForumMate

I think i fixed it. I posted a bunch of test topics under http://thepropden.aokforums.com/privileged-concept-vf24.html
Please remove.

It seemed to been related to post email notification.

NoHumorMan

Yeah, I tried replying to one of your test messages and didn't get an error message.  Thanks.

NoHumorMan

Hello awesome support.  Someone posted an issue and I wanted to forward it to you to check out.  It seems there's still an issue when posting.  I haven't experienced it, but hopefully it's possible to find the issue and fix it.

Here's the original message along with images showing what happens.

QuoteError Message, if start a new thread or post in a thread while pressing the "submint" button.
Just get a error message, if klick on "view your submitted post" after pressed the submit button.
Can't close it while using the refresh button in my browser, just if i close the whole tab.
If i go back to the mainboard to the post or the thread i wrote , it will be shown correctly.
Error message will not pop up ,if i klick to "view active topic's" instead of "view your submitted post"

Marked here:

Error message:

ForumMate

Ask them what the url looks like in the address bar. See if they can copy it down.

NoHumorMan

It happens when they reply to a thread and then click that particular link, so should happen anywhere.  I can give you the username of the guy experiencing the issue in case it is easier to find the error when reviewing his account.

NoHumorMan

Just a question: when uploading images using the forum based image hosting system, can it be done so that the picture shows up in the post instead of having to click on an attachment link to view it?

NoHumorMan

Hi support.  I found an issue when checking out a topic a few days ago, but forgot to present it to you until now.

In post 6 in this thread for some reason the link posted won't actually show up as a link in the thread, but the link posted in post 8 in the same thread does.  I have tried to edit the link in post 6, but it still won't show up as a link.

This is the thread: http://thepropden.aokforums.com/darth-vader-anh-dome-mount-vt5214.html

And this is the link to the page that was linked to in post 6 that doesn't work: http://thepropden.aokforums.com/recently-found-anh-vader-vt2025.html

Also, I can see that the support forum doesn't abbreviate/shorten the links - is there a setting we can use on our forum that will do the same?

ForumMate

How did you make that post did you do anything differently?

NoHumorMan

I didn't do any of those posts, a user did.  And I don't think anything different was done. Simply copy the link and post it in the post window and submit.

I've tried fixing the link, and while it works when I preview the post, it no longer shows up as a link when the post is submitted.  I've tried doing the same thing with pasting other links into posts and they work.  But for some reason this particular one doesn't.

NoHumorMan

Hello.  I made a mistake when wanting to change a member's username.  I deleted the account.  Is there a way to undelete it?  The account's posts were all retained, so I'm really hoping this is possible.

The account in question had the username: Mickxc

If there is no way to undo this, I understand.  Just thought I'd ask.

ForumMate

No way to undelete might be able to reregister the user then we can their memberid to the old member id for posts.

NoHumorMan

Cool.  I'll see if I can figure out how to contact the user, as that info is removed as well.  I'll post again once I've talked to him and had him sign up again.

NoHumorMan

Okay, the member has signed up again - Vadernsons - http://thepropden.aokforums.com/vm3222.html

If there is a way to connect his account to the Mickxc deleted account I would really appreciate it.  I didn't save the link to the former account's profile page, so hope you can find it.  If it is not possible, please let me know.

EDIT: looked in my browser history and found the page.  Of course, when loading it, it no longer leads to the member page, but in case you need it for linking the accounts: Mickxc - http://thepropden.aokforums.com/vm2342.html