AOK Forum - The Prop Den

Started by NoHumorMan, June 07, 2007, 04:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForumMate

It would be to remove emoji's old version of phpBB i don't' believe the database types support it/not worth the risk to try to change the database type to allow it.

Might be a setting in the phpbb ACP?

NoHumorMan

Cool.  I'll try and look into it.
No Humor Man - Corporation for Bad Swimmers

NoHumorMan

Okay, there are a few different smily packs, but which would work well with phones?  Just the basic kind of smileys, nothing too big or fancy.  Similar to what we had, but which can run with current devices?

There are these to choose from on the list.  Are they any good?

HH.pak
Jzoner.pak
KOLOBOK.pak
Mypack.pak
Onion.pak
balkannet.pak
bcaforum.pak
board.pak
dl4all.pak
sample.pak
sm.pak
solider.pak
square.pak
ufo.pak
yoyo.pak

ForumMate

They are ok just before a type of mobile devices they are from 2008/2009 where mainstream.

NoHumorMan

So for phones to access and use the forum properly would it be smartest to just remove smileys then?

ForumMate

I would just avoid smilies that are too big! If they are small should work fine.

NoHumorMan

They are all small, but it seems they disrupt tapatalk and other ways for phones to successfully access and post on the forum.  So I guess it is best to just remove them and see if that fixes that issue.

NoHumorMan

Hi, been having trouble lately with a lot of spam accounts.  Is there any way to stop them other than just deleting them one by one when they make posts?

Thanks.

ForumMate

Just updated some of the spam checking code.
Found a mistake in the past for logging up blocked emails.
Added blocking of proxies, certain email domains that are spammy and some other spam detection methods.
Also forced max password length of 8

Hopefully some of these changes will help reduce the spam signups.

NoHumorMan

Thanks man.  Much appreciated.

Got a mail from a member of my forum concerning opening pm messages and getting an error message.  Here's the original message:

QuoteDear Whoever receives this email,

I received a notice that I had a PM at the 'Den (it went to my spam folder but I think that's an issue with my email) and when I click on the notification to open from the home page I get an error message.  I've attached a screencap.

Thank you!

Dave C  (dcarty)

And here's the screen capture he sent - just open in another window to enlarge if necessary:

ForumMate

See if it is better now. I am working on upgrading the forums. Focusing cleanup right now.

NoHumorMan

Thanks for the assistance.  I'll report back what the user experience when trying to access the pm section, whether it is fixed for him.  I asked him to perhaps remove the cookies and the cache pages for the forum if it doesn't work to see if that could clear the issue.

Cheers.

NoHumorMan

Okay, got a response.  It worked, so thanks.  Really appreciate it. :)