Your phpBB2 forums have been converted to phpBB3 for testing purpose

Started by freeforum, April 12, 2008, 01:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freeforum

Quote from: jennkei;515453Hi!! First up, thanks for doing the convert -- I know it must be tough work. :)

The new site (ankara underground rap - Index page) looks kinda strange, below are the different points I've noted..
1. The title of the forum is 'ankara underground rap', instead of 'Chois', like it should be. I can change it easily, though, so it isn't that big a problem. :)
2. Forums are only showing up if I log on -- again, I can probably change the permissions, so it isn't a big thing.
3. Is it possible to have the existing template I'm using ported over? It's called AcidTechBlood. The closest seems to be AcidTechRed...
4. Are the mods for shoutbox and recent 5 topics still available? If they are, could I request them, please?

That's about it, all the info seems to be intact and relevant as of two days ago. (I'm presuming you'll do another backup just before you update it properly..?) Thank you very much!! :)
1. It will be fixed for next test.
2. Please re-setup permissions, some permissions are not transfered by the converter.
3. This is not possible for some themes because the author/designer doesn't support anymore. Please try to find a similar theme.
4. Recent 5 topics will still available. We are finding another shoutbox, but don't worry, there may someone free for us.

johnmohr

I find that the banner is different from what I set. I get:
Ahibbalar

A _little_ text to describe your forum

freeforum

Quote from: NoHumorMan;515461We are currently running with the Fantastic theme... haven't seen that in the theme options at the new place.  Would be nice to have that and see how it looks there.
I'm sorry, some themes are not supported for phpBB3, the author may not maintain them anymore. Please find another similar theme.

freeforum

Quote from: The Undertaker;515463Two of my members, user names hobiefisher and TI-4261, are not showing up on the phpbb3 and my avatar is not working. I'm also getting the same type of error messages as NoHumorMan. For everybody else, better make sure all of your members are still there.
We did realize the avatar issue, it will be fixed for next test. Thanks.

freeforum

Quote from: Canadian Warrior;515464I use a HTML Chatter Box i guess this will be dissabled because of this change of not putting it into discription :S[/LIST]
We will try to have a solution for you next test :) .

freeforum

Quote from: Ken Ganshirt;515465My forum is a total loss. http://prairietest.phpbb3.freeforum.ca

1. Wrong Title. The title of the forum displayed at the phpBB3 test site is 'ankara underground rap'. That is NOT the title of my forum.

2. There are no forums and no messages ... nothing!!

It looks like the only thing that came across was the user database. Everything else .. everything .. is lost!!

Not a good test.

...ken...
1. It will be fixed for next test.
2. Your data are still there, please log into your forums as admin, go to Administration Panel to re-setup permissions.

freeforum

Quote from: johnmohr;515469I find that the banner is different from what I set. I get:
Ahibbalar

A _little_ text to describe your forum
We will fix it for next test. Thanks for your report.

The Undertaker

Quote from: freeforum;515471We did realize the avatar issue, it will be fixed for next test. Thanks.

Thank you!

I did find the two members that were missing. I just had to activate them. I've had another member join since you started this test. I guess you will update membership and the posts that accrue when you switch us over.

One problem I am having now is with the styles. Its not saving the styles configuration. The template, theme, image set combo. It works until I log off and when I log back in it's not the style that I chose. I'm trying to get Template- blackbox_red, Themes- blackbox_red and Imagesets- acidtech red.

We have the forum enosikentroon.phpbb3.mioforo.com
The language is wrong and when I try greek i see strange things.
Please help.

The Undertaker

The Undertaker

I noticed another thing. The global announcements aren't working.

Icon

Quote from: freeforum;515467Please try url like this Free phpBB Forums at FreeForum.ca or http://forumname.phpbb3.miofor.com

Nothing is working, either way i write the addy, I get the 404 error or page not available.

Ken Ganshirt

Quote from: freeforum;5154731. It will be fixed for next test.
2. Your data are still there, please log into your forums as admin, go to Administration Panel to re-setup permissions.
That was the first thing I checked. When I went to the Forum Administration panel it said there are no forums. I don't know how I can change permissions when there are no forums to change them on.

EDIT: Okay I went and checked again and now the forums are there.

I have to say that the new administrator "features" are really really awful. Way more complicated than it needs to be. Version 2 is so much easier to manage forums and users. Will we have the option to not switch to Version 3? I really hate the new administrator stuff. It takes three times as many steps .. sometimes even more .. to do the same thing you can do in one or two steps in Version 2.

When I was new and just setting this forum up a few months ago it took me less time to set things up from nothing on Version 2, without ever having worked with phpBB, than it did just now to reset all the forum and moderator permissions. I still don't think I have it right and I won't know until I read all the new documentation .. something I did not need to do when getting set up with Version 2. Isn't there a simpler version of the administration control panel for those of us who don't need all that complexity?

...ken...

Canadian Warrior

Good morning beautiful ADMINS. Hope you have had your coffee this morning, looks like its going to be another long day. :)

Id like to know if the permissions we have set in phpbb2 will switch over to phpbb3.

If we have to reset our permissions up. What would be the best way to set permissions for those that belong to gruops and those that donot belong to groups. Ive been playing around with it and so far only ones that can see some the forums are guests and i cannot see them unless i logg out :S

Also the team link at the bottom it doesnt show me listed as an admin or founder, will this be corrected once the switch over?

Thank you for your time.

CW
I walk softly and carry a big stick !

freeforum

Quote from: 6977777777;515477We have the forum enosikentroon.phpbb3.mioforo.com
The language is wrong and when I try greek i see strange things.
Please help.
I just updated non-English languages, try to change forum language to Greek. Thanks.