phpBB3 conversion is delayed until next weekend

Started by freeforum, May 20, 2008, 12:50:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freeforum

Dear beautiful members,

First of all, i'm sorry for the delay in phpBB3 conversion. We didn't convert your forums to phpBB3 as we announced.

I understand that you are waiting for this conversion for a long time and can wait no more now. But sorry, we have to delay this conversion until next weekend. This delay provides us more time to fix lot of unexpected issues from MODs and complete more MOD installations on other extra styles. And tomake sure that your new phpBB3 forum will work fine and stable after the conversion. We are trying our best to complete all tasks to convert your forums as soon as possible. If something changed, we will let you know again. Hope you understand.

Here is the progress:
  • Portal: 95% completed
  • Ajax Shoutbox 90% completed
  • Backup and Restore: 50% completed
  • Quick Reply: 100% completed
  • Advanced Meta Tags: 100% completed
  • Keywords URL: 100% completed
  • Top Posters: 100% completed, integrated into the Portal
  • Recent Topics: 100% completed, integrated into the Portal
  • MP3 Player: 100% completed, integrated into the Portal
  • Styles Demo: 100% completed, integrated into the Portal
  • And others are also 100% completed, integrated into the Portal
Your test phpBB3 forums are still there, please feel free to test out new features and functions of phpBB3 and don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. You don't see any MODs we installed because it's hidden for our testing purpose. When all MODs can work perfectly, they will ready for your test.

Thank you.

Ken Ganshirt

Thank you for the update. I don't care if my forum never gets converted. But if it is going to be converted I need to know the date so I can be prepared to check it and make any necessary corrections as soon as the conversion happens. Thank you again for keeping us up to date on the progress and the expected date of conversion.

...ken...

The Undertaker

Yes, thank you for giving us some detailed information on this!:-D

systemcat

I know I'm presenting this a bit early but could these rank images get uploaded for the 26th Century forum under the new software?

NoHumorMan

Any way to manually turn off any of those things you feel like adding, such as quick-reply, portal (whatever that is), shout-box and all these additionals?
No Humor Man - Corporation for Bad Swimmers

quocviet

i donnot want to convert into php3

Support

Quote from: quocviet;516471i donnot want to convert into php3

Please poll and place your feedback here

Thanks.

The Undertaker

The weekend is almost over. Is there going to be a further delay? You said in the top of this thread you would let us know if anything changed.

systemcat

I put this up yesterday to advertise the forum.
YouTube - Forum Members Wanted
Note, didn't put up the forum's address due to the coming change. .. It will be happening soon right? Posted this in the forum the other day to really let members know it was coming.
View topic - UPGRADE COMING NEW YEAR

NoHumorMan

Quote from: The Undertaker;516483The weekend is almost over. Is there going to be a further delay? You said in the top of this thread you would let us know if anything changed.
Isn't "next weekend" the weekend after the coming weekend, making "next weekend" when announced be this weekend and not last weekend, we just passed!? :mrgreen:

The Undertaker

Quote from: NoHumorMan;516491Isn't "next weekend" the weekend after the coming weekend, making "next weekend" when announced be this weekend and not last weekend, we just passed!? :mrgreen:

That's what I come up with on my calculator!:lol: :lol: :lol:

scats

So any word on the conversion? We would like to know what the hold up is now. Are we going to use the test forum for our main? If so I thought the web address wasn't going to change. This is on the test forum :

Configuration! Your forum has been setup successfully

Have a good time with your forum!

Please feel free to contact us at our support forum at http://www.freeforum.ca/forums/ if you have any questions on how to use/manage your forum.

Thank you for choosing our services,
FreeForum.ca Support Team.

Thanks
Scats

NoHumorMan

You gotta be kidding me?  Is THIS crap how our forums will look now?  How do I remove the portal, shoutbox, mp3 player and all those other stupid add-ons???

NoHumorMan

Support

Please go to AdminCP --> STARGATE PORTAL --> Manage blocks --> select the block which you want to disable and click on edit icon , set "Block is Active" to YES , click Submit.

Hope this helps.