How to manage Announcements/News block on your portal

Started by freeforum, June 28, 2008, 06:27:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freeforum

Hello,

We get some questions regarding to how to get the Announcements/News block work. Some members can't get them works. If you are having this trouble, following instructions below to solve:

Some things you have to have first:
[LIST=1]
  • The portal enabled. It it's not enabled, check settings: ACP (Administration Control Panel) -> 'General' tab -> MODS Configuration, Enable StarGate Portal :: Yes then, check your installed styles, if you use a style that is not support the portal, the forum will redirect the portal to the forum so you will never see your portal. The solution is you only install styles that support portal.
  • Announcements/News block displayed on the portal. If you don't see them, check ACP -> 'StarGate' tab -> Manage Blocks -> enable/add new Announcements/News block.
  • Find out forum id of the forum you want to get announcements from. Go to your forum index, click on the forum you want to get announcements/news from, find vfxxxx.html in the web address, xxxx is the forum id.
    For example: your forum address: http://testforum.freeforum.ca/music-[B]vf[COLOR=Red]2[/COLOR].html[/B]
    ==> The forum id is: 2
Then setup block configurations:
[LIST=1]
  • Go to ACP -> 'StarGate Portal' tab -> Manage Module Variables.
  • Setup block configurations:
For Announcement Settings:
[LIST=1]
  • Announcements Forum ID: enter the forum id you collected. If you don't know how to find it, see above section.
  • Number of announcements to display: use the default value or enter new value.
  • Length of announcements: use the default value or enter new value.
  • Announcement type: use the default value or enter new value that this field allow.
  • Allow Announcements: have to select "Yes"
For News settings:
[LIST=1]
  • News Forum ID:: enter the forum id you collected. If you don't know how to find it, see above section.
  • Number of news items to display:: use the default value or enter new value.
  • Length of news item:: use the default value or enter new value.
  • Allow news to be displayed:: have to select "Yes"
[/LIST]

Hope this helps.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Thank you.

kitiano

Support

Quote from: kitiano;517961Alguien puede traducirlo en español ??

I can't help you translate it to Spanish, but here is the tutorial on how to manage your Announcements block.

2.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps.

b3ast

how do u get the stargate portal tab im having a problem with that

b3ast

Quote from: b3ast;519017how do u get the stargate portal tab im having a problem with that
dont know how to get stargate portal tab in acp

drizzt09

any way to get rid of the huge speaker on the left side, I have placed my announcments in left block and that speaker just takes up too much room
Also for soem reason my announcement portal block only shows up if I select Anouncement type =0 2,3,5 dont show any data
Thanks

Support

KTP

Without A Trace • View topic - New Forum

My forum doesn't come up with the proper VF#. There is no html on this address. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. Please explain?

SirRain

is there a simple tutorial other than this? i am sorry sir Support I really can't get the instruction. The screen shot is different and I can't understand the language. :(

gsgio

if you want to win iPhone 3GS; Nikon Coolpix L100; or notebook visit this site
 €-castig.com , believe me it is true. i am telling this because i allready have won iphone

Support

Quote from: SirRain;530542is there a simple tutorial other than this? i am sorry sir Support I really can't get the instruction. The screen shot is different and I can't understand the language. :(
What is different? Can you give me a screenshot please?

SirRain

well sir Support I too don't know where you got the vf2 in the tutorial because when I go to my board index I don't see anything like that. From your screenshots I think I will be able to find numbers 3 onwards but for screenshot 1 and 2 I do not know where they are. I must admit I am new to this and with very small knowledge about html. I thank you for the tutorial you made though, it looks very simple I am just hoping for a more detailed instruction for me if you would not mind.

And how do we know if we are using the supported style to enable announcements?

Support

Quote from: SirRain;530824well sir Support I too don't know where you got the vf2 in the tutorial because when I go to my board index I don't see anything like that. From your screenshots I think I will be able to find numbers 3 onwards but for screenshot 1 and 2 I do not know where they are. I must admit I am new to this and with very small knowledge about html. I thank you for the tutorial you made though, it looks very simple I am just hoping for a more detailed instruction for me if you would not mind.
That why i told you give me a screenshot mate.
QuoteAnd how do we know if we are using the supported style to enable announcements?
Here is the list of styles that are compatible with the portal.
QuoteInspiration
    Inspiration-960
    TeckToniK
    Arrow
    Anna
    Carbon
    T_White
    proglass
    SkyBlue
    Eliteblue
    SemiGreen
    SFCentar
    brushed_metal
    brushed_metal_II
    Ferrari_F1
    blueSilver
    Iconic_Orange
    sacred2light
    reRed
    plainjane
    eMuza_summer
    reOrange
    Instinct
    reBlue
    dark
    ktukpink
    xabbblue
    proIce
    dramaking
    anti-flag
    Iconic_Dark
    proSatin_gray
    swirls
    Iconic
    saphic
    reGrey
    M3
    cg_r
    Iconic_Red
    K_Kitty
    ThorLarge
    ktukpurple
    ktukgreen
    reGreen
    Glacier
    Lavender_Dreams
    sacred2dark
    Iconic_Green
    GreenGrass
    Mothers-Day
    rePurple
    Dark-Shines
    zeitgeist
    proglass_red
    prosatin_copper
    proDark
    proVista
    new-life
    prosilver_magenta
    OAGreenLand
    prosilver_grey
    proFormell
    phplifeburnout_metal
    prosilver_se
    AutumnsColor
    silverwhite
    proBlack
    Tara
    WintersDay
    SF_Glacier
    SpringFlowers
    SummerFun
    PS3
    1thank
    SturTech
    rednblack
    QuiltingSewing
    pro_MylCastel

SirRain

It seems that I won't be needing to post a screenshot anymore. My style is not in the list maybe that's why I can't get it right. Anyway thanks for the list really was helpful. :)