News:

Welcome to ForumMate.com

Main Menu

need info please

Started by bazgix, August 08, 2008, 06:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bazgix

hi i was wondering how i can change my forum to a . com or .co.uk will any domain name supplier be able to do this or do i have to buy from here

also can anyone suggest a supplier

also is there any way i can upgrade to go to ad free

ive had a look around on here but cant seem to find the info i need
cheers

lamordida

We don't offer any paid services and therefor only our free domain extension are available.  There are different way to incorporate your own .com to be able to use your free forum here though.  For example, you can purchase your domain name 'bazdix.com' .co.uk, or whatever and make a splash page with your forum logo or welcome message or whatever you find creative and add a 'ENTER' link at the bottom.  Then link 'ENTER' to your freeforum site.  Or, you can make a whole website and just have a forum section that links back to you freeforum site.  Unfortunately we do not offer ad free forums, but if you deside to buy a domain and hosting from another company you can install phpbb3 on your site and have total control over the ads and everything else.  However, if this is your first project, I would recommend sticking to the free stuff first and once you get the hang of how things work then you should think about investing a little money to a branded site.  Hope this helps, let us know if you have any other questions.  Cheers mate :wink:

bazgix

thanks for the info i do understand

i do have a couple more questions though
can you suggest a good place where i can get a domain name and one that supports phbb

also ive noticed a few guys on here with .tk or.nr names is this because they are using a splash page or other

and i am changing the theme of the site so my site name.noonhost.com isnt suitable anymore is there anyway i can change my noonhost domain name to suit the theme of my new site without having to set up a whole new site

hope this makes sense
cheers

bazgix

still need help please !!!!!!!!

Josey Wales

Quote from: bazgix;518895still need help please !!!!!!!!

Try Complete Web Solutions: domains, hosting, site builders and SSL.

Hope this helps.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Delta-Force-Elite

"Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy!"

lamordida

Quote from: bazgix;518833thanks for the info i do understand

i do have a couple more questions though
can you suggest a good place where i can get a domain name and one that supports phbb

also ive noticed a few guys on here with .tk or.nr names is this because they are using a splash page or other

and i am changing the theme of the site so my site name.noonhost.com isnt suitable anymore is there anyway i can change my noonhost domain name to suit the theme of my new site without having to set up a whole new site

hope this makes sense
cheers

1. I would recommend godaddy.com same as Josey Wales suggested.

2. I've seen them too, but I'm not sure what their setup is.

3.  Yes this can be switched over for you.  PM Support with your request.  Be sure to include your current url, the new url that you want to change to, and your login info.

lamordida

Quote from: bazgix;518833also ive noticed a few guys on here with .tk or.nr names is this because they are using a splash page or other

Great news!!!  I did a little homework and got the scoop on the .tk and .co.nr sub-domains. It was quite simple actually, I just had to follow the source and wuala!

You can get a free ".tk" [URL=http://freedomains.lamordida.tk]HERE [/URL]or a ".co.nr" at [URL=http://www.freedomain.co.nr/]Free URL Redirection, No Ads! Short Free Domain Name (you.co.nr) [/URL]and then just redirect it to your free forum.  This is similar to having a splash page except that there is no actual page.  Anyone who goes to "yourdomain.tk" or "yourdomain.co.nr" will be automatically redirected to your free forum.

I personally like the splash page idea especially if you have a good flash intro because it captures your audience's attention right from the start, then again you can't beat FREE so the choice is yours.  I'm just here to help and provide info.

Cheers :D :D

memorials

Ok, I will let you know as soon I found any one that can help you.
Cheap Caskets & Memorial Gifts | Web hosting lucknow

lamordida

Quote from: memorials;518934Ok, I will let you know as soon I found any one that can help you.

What? Sorry, I don't understand your response.  I thought I was helping you, lol.

bazgix

it was me that was askin cheers for the info

dont know what the other guy's on about lol :-D :-D

lamordida

Quote from: bazgix;518942it was me that was askin cheers for the info

dont know what the other guy's on about lol :-D :-D

Oh yeah lol, ok bazgix.  I'm back on track now, but yeah... don't know where memorials came from but he through me off for a second there.  NE ways, check out them links. :wink:

Coolvipcandy

Ok. here u go for a change with a small example from my forum.
Origionally : www . candyman . forumlivre . com
But masked to : www . candyman . tz4 . com  (not available now)

And check out this:
Link to a sub section of forum : http://candyman . forumlivre . com/index.php?mforum=candyman&showforum=81

At the same time the following worked equally well ::
http://candyman . tz4 . com/index.php?mforum=candyman&showforum=81

Same for the attachments n all that..

The tz4.com completely replaced .forumlivre.com

You can choose any of the following to do the same jobe for you.
.co.nr
.tk n so many others.

While configuring settings set
"Mask domain" to "yes"

Note: doing all above the origional address like .forumlivre, .freeforum.ca or so will remain equally valid. The above will just give u an alternate. Easy alternate infact.

As far as your second query is concerned, No presently we don't suppord ad free boards but may be in future. We're already planning/thinking over it.
We'll let u know as soon as we come up with it. Stay tuned.