News:

Welcome to ForumMate.com

Main Menu

Question: Name Change

Started by Smyles4U, August 21, 2008, 06:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smyles4U

Hi,
I was wondering if I am allowed to change the name of my forum ? If it is allowed, I wanted to know if the members would automatically be reverted to the new address if they use the old one?
Thank you in advance for your help,
Smyles4U
kellysangels.freeforum.ca • Portal

lamordida

Yes, you can request an address change for your board but, NO your visitors will not be redirected from the old address.

However, you can sign up for a free ".tk" subdomain. Example: www.kellysangels.tk and no mater how many times after decide to move your board after that, your visitors will always be redirected to the new address.

If you sign up for a .tk subdomain right now.  Your visitors will be able to access your board at (www.kellysangels.tk) and at  (www .kellysangels. freeforum.ca) You should announce your new .tk domain on you board to get people accustom to using the new and shorter domain (www.kellysangels.tk).  Give it some time and once everyone is using the .tk address it won't mater if you are at freedomain.ca, forummate.com, phpbbstar.com, mioforo.com, ect... or any other.  As long as people access your board using your .tk address they will always be automatically redirected to where you want them to go.

Here's the sign up link: .TK FREE SUBDOMAIN

Smyles4U

Quote from: lamordida;519125Yes, you can request an address change for your board but, NO your visitors will not be redirected from the old address.

However, you can sign up for a free ".tk" subdomain. Example: www.kellysangels.tk and no mater how many times after decide to move your board after that, your visitors will always be redirected to the new address.

If you sign up for a .tk subdomain right now.  Your visitors will be able to access your board at (www.kellysangels.tk) and at  (www .kellysangels. freeforum.ca) You should announce your new .tk domain on you board to get people accustom to using the new and shorter domain (www.kellysangels.tk).  Give it some time and once everyone is using the .tk address it won't mater if you are at freedomain.ca, forummate.com, phpbbstar.com, mioforo.com, ect... or any other.  As long as people access your board using your .tk address they will always be automatically redirected to where you want them to go.

Here's the sign up link: .TK FREE SUBDOMAIN

Thank you. I signed up & changed the name to cLub 24/7 (//www.club247.tk). The members who have access still use the kellysangels link, but I wanted to expand membership with a catchier name. Thanks again for your help. You're an angel.
Smyles4U

lamordida

Oops, I don't know how I missed your last post.  You're very welcome Smyles4U, I'm glad that you liked the idea.  I see that you have already changed the name on the welcome message too, that's great but remember that posting an announcement will help people get used to the new name also.  

Best of luck and gee-thanks, I don't think that I've ever been called an angel before :blush:

muhammad_ijaz

QuoteOriginally Posted by lamordida
Yes, you can request an address change for your board but, NO your visitors will not be redirected from the old address.
how  can  i  request  for  an address change ?

i  created  my  forum  ie  starsdunya.forummate.com

can  i  convert  it  to  this  address ie    starsdunya.co.cc

tanduy2506

Quote from: muhammad_ijaz;540124how  can  i  request  for  an address change ?

i  created  my  forum  ie  starsdunya.forummate.com

can  i  convert  it  to  this  address ie    starsdunya.co.cc
Hi mate,

At first, you must buy that domain name: starsdunya.co.cc
Then, we'll help you to park your domain name into our service.
You can refer these links bellow:
http://www.forummate.com/forums/forummate-com-support-team-faqs/444387-premium-services.html#post537776
How to park my domain name?

Hope you understand :smiley-laughing:

Paul

Hi muhammad_ijaz
I don't know if you are aware but back in June google removed virtually all .co.cc addresses from it's search engine so if you rely on google sending new members your way you will not get any.

co.cc is not a domain but a sub domain name so hopefully you have not bought this  as sub domains are free.

muhammad_ijaz

Quote from: tanduy2506;540125Hi mate,

At first, you must buy that domain name: starsdunya.co.cc
You can refer these links bellow:
http://www.forummate.com/forums/forummate-com-support-team-faqs/444387-premium-services.html#post537776
How to park my domain name?

Hope you understand :smiley-laughing:
Quotetanduy2506                

how  can  i  pay  your  fees  from  pakistan  as  paypal  is  not  here

QuotePaul                
I don't know if you are aware but back in June google removed virtually all .co.cc addresses

thanks  for  sincere  guidance

tanduy2506

Hi,

As you said, you should buy a domain name, such as: .com, .net, .biz....
Quotehow  can  i  pay  your  fees  from  pakistan  as  paypal  is  not  here
Oh, really?

I'm so sorry.
Can you ask someone to help you purchase it?