Apache load balancer with mpm worker

Started by nsukul, February 24, 2009, 06:27:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nsukul

Hi Everybody,

I have configured apache load balancer with mpm (apache multi threading) parameter as "worker". I also enabled mod_status module to check the status.
But, when we have Sticky Session enabled in mod_proxy apache load balancer configuration, the requests are not creating as child threads, which is giving the feeling that apache is not working with multi threading.

The steps i took was following:

1. ./configure apache with-mpm=worker parameter.
2. Enable mpm configuration in httpd.conf as

StartServers          1
    MaxClients          150
    MinSpareThreads      25
    MaxSpareThreads      75
    ThreadsPerChild      50
    MaxRequestsPerChild   0

, but how do i know , or how can i check whether this configuration is working? Even if, i enable mod_status , it doesn't give me the clear picture.

The current architecture is:

One load balancer with mpm=worker enabled (only this is exposed)

2 child servers without threading enabled.

Kindly help me out .

Support

hi nsukul, if you have any problems with phpbb you should post it here mate.

Anuj Sharma

If you have decided that becoming a Yoga teacher is your passion, your next step is to create a plan of action. When doing anything that requires a major change, a call to action is one of the hardest hurdles to overcome. There are so many people who wish for goals, but do not plan to go after them. Let's look at a few ways to make your plan of action to become a Yoga teacher.
What kind of help or support system do you need to teach Yoga? Remember the saying, "no man is an island." Everyone needs encouragement, even if you are very confident in your abilities. Will you need financial help, educational resources, or to be mentored by a local Yoga teacher? Make an assessment of what you need and plan accordingly.
What should you learn about becoming a Yoga teacher? If you really want to teach Yoga, you should explore every resource, every yoga teacher training course you will get, try to expore them asmuch as you can. You should also learn about how to succeed in the Yoga teaching business. These factors will also determine how fast you progress once your Yoga teacher training course has concluded.
Where should you learn to teach Yoga? There are many options for Yoga teacher training, so let's cover a few of them. If you decide to take an on-site Yoga teacher training, please avoid the weekend certifications. These programs may teach you a few postures and breathing techniques, but you will likely know little more than the average Yoga student.

Thanks
JSR Solution