Is this available to add to my forum?

Started by cherhi, June 13, 2009, 04:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cherhi

Hi

I really need this set-up for my forum and was wondering if it is available to add?

My forum would not be 'successful' without these added features, to 'compete' with other similar forums.

About Compfolio

Any help would be greatly appreciated :smile:  Thanks

Support

This is impossible, since About Compfolio is not a module or something like that.

cherhi

Thanks alot for your reply :-)

Would you know how/what l need to do, to find/add this to my forum?
 I'm not sure exactly what it is called..l have googled but with no luck as yet. I'm just not sure where to start..thanks for your time :-) :-)

cherhi

If anyone knows what l need to do to get these features added to my forum, l will be eternally grateful to you :smile:

Support

Quote from: cherhi;525078Thanks alot for your reply :-)

Would you know how/what l need to do, to find/add this to my forum?
 I'm not sure exactly what it is called..l have googled but with no luck as yet. I'm just not sure where to start..thanks for your time :-) :-)
Sorry but I have no ideas how to add them to your forum.

cherhi

oh bummer :(

Thanks for your response anyway :) :)

competitions

Hi there, not sure if it helps you, but compfolio was made available a few months ago to members of that forum.

The ideas for compfolio are based on and copied from the original CompTracker, which has been available to members of Australian competitions website, lottos.com.au for some years.

In fact, that forum (established 2005) was modelled on lottos (established 2000).

Hartog

I did a bit of searching around cheri and it seems that Australian Competitionswho created About Compfolio modelled it on sports league software.
There's a lot of league software around that you could probably modify to suit your needs depending on what type of forum you run.
Ages ago I saw something similar running on phpBB.

I also had a look at that other site but About Compfolio looks a thousand times better and I have to say Compingclub does look very impressive, I think you're on the right track.
Good luck with your site!

competitions

Comping club inflate their number of competitions listed by misleading by including expired competitions which Australian competitions lottos.com.au does not do. lottos lists only current competitions that have not expired in their totals.

In addition, comping club who say "it's ALL free at ACC" ask for a "donation" for full access.
The "donations" go to the comping club owner TAX FREE as the owner has no Australian Business Number probably because the owner is not Australian whereas lottos is a registered business and pays tax.

The number of members shown "online" at comping club is implied to be online at time of visiting but it's misleading as they actually show the visitors in the last 24 hours. At lottos it shows like most forums, a true representation of members online within the last 5 to 10 minutes.

KateP

post deleted