Database transfer/conversion

Started by llamabox, August 31, 2010, 02:21:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llamabox

How hard is it to convert a vB 3.8 database to phpbb3?
Could this database be uploaded to a forum here?

kimgold2010

Quote from: llamabox;534814How hard is it to convert a vB 3.8 database to phpbb3?
Could this database be uploaded to a forum here?
If you want to upload this database to a your forum so you provide me with your avatar, smilies, images, files upload form your email to kimgold2010@valuemd.com.

Thank you.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Thank you

llamabox

SQL database sent from ethnoring at gmail
Thanks for your time and effort.

kimgold2010

Quote from: llamabox;534843SQL database sent from ethnoring at gmail
Thanks for your time and effort.
I have received it. I will upload it for you and let you know when I finish.

Thank you.

Thank you

kimgold2010

Hello llamabox.

After I checked vbulletin.sql file that you had sent me. It have error following:
Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /srv/customers/08191201/mediseedcollective.info/www/includes/class_core.php on line 1173

You please re-send me your database backup file and please send it to support@freeforum.ca.
Sorry for my tardy answer.

Thank you.

Thank you

kimgold2010

I have received vbulletin.sql file that you had re-sent me. However, it still have this error:
Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /srv/customers/08191201/mediseedcollective.info/www/includes/class_core.php on line 1173

Your database has been corrupted so can't retore it in our system.

Thank you.

Thank you

Coolvipcandy

@kimgold2010 : try converting it to vB 4+ and then to phpBB or phpBB3. As the problem is associated with compatibility more than the database.

@llamabox: if you are currently using the above said database the in your ACP run the MySQL error check in recovery tools to fix the database automatically. the option is there in v4.0 ,, also available on IPB,,not sure of the earlier versions of vB.