Advise needed please

Started by hibee, September 02, 2010, 07:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hibee

On my forum i have a staff room and i want to install a shout box in there so staff can talk to each other without other members seing what they are taling about....can you tell me with shout is be to use and will the boards take it as i have tried a few and they dont work....thanx in advance...hibee

kimgold2010

Quote from: hibee;534853On my forum i have a staff room and i want to install a shout box in there so staff can talk to each other without other members seing what they are taling about....can you tell me with shout is be to use and will the boards take it as i have tried a few and they dont work....thanx in advance...hibee
You please try again, log into ACP>STARGATE PORTAL>Manage Block>click edit icon in shout box field of OPTION column. Block is Active setting, click select Yes and View by setting, click select option that you want. Then click Submit button to finish.

Let me know if you still have the problem.

Thank you.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Thank you

hibee

i dont want to activate my portal i want to have it in 1 of my forums so me and staff can see it....i dont use the portal part as i dont like them..is there any way of adding 1 when i make a forum....thanx for your help

kimgold2010

Quote from: hibee;534858i dont want to activate my portal i want to have it in 1 of my forums so me and staff can see it....i dont use the portal part as i dont like them..is there any way of adding 1 when i make a forum....thanx for your help
Shout box is the default for all members. So you please tell me you want to show shout box for administrators and/or moderators. I will install the option for you.

Thank you.

Thank you

hibee

So is there a way of having 2 shout boxes 1 for everyone to use on the main forum and one for staff in the staff room i have made...if so can you install one in the staffroom for me thanx in advance...

kimgold2010

You can only create one shout box. Please let me know your opinion. If you want create shout box for staff, please tell me the staff include user group (administrators or both administrators and moderators).

Thank you.

Thank you

Coolvipcandy

But still you have the option to have a third party shoutbox like shoutmix etc.
Make a forum/section visible only to your mods/staff and place this shoutbox in it.

Do tell me if you're not sure on how to do it.

Note: the third party shoutbox may not have all the features as your current shoutbox and it may not show usernames of the shouter alongside the shouts. But you'll definately have the Administration.