2 important questions

Started by lspiderl, March 18, 2011, 04:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lspiderl

one why is there a 30 sec delay each time  when submiting a post  ...

and is there a pay option to remove adds ?

http://chf.forummate.com

MaT

Quote from: lspiderl;537792one why is there a 30 sec delay each time  when submiting a post  ...
and is there a pay option to remove adds ?
http://chf.forummate.com

1. To reduce Spam basically. (More detur)

2. Ill get back to you. As all i know is we Can give you a .COM(For 6.99USD) but i dont know if that removes all Ad's.

Ill be back with an answer.
Cheers,
FreeForum Team
[/b]

My Site's.
My Face Book
My PS3 Clan Site
[/b]

lspiderl

is there any way to eliminate teh delay  every time u hit submit  waiting 30 seconds is maddening

kimgold2010

Hi!

We do apologize for the inconvenience.
Although there is the inconvenience in the process of posting, but it is useful to prevent spammers.
And you only click this button once time before you post message.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Thank you

lspiderl

thats what moderaters and verification tools are for a lon delay each time u post  jsut makes  acculay visitors want to post less as they think theres somethign wrong with the site  and end up  hitting submit a dozen times

if the delay was say cut in half it would  be jsut as effective but  seem like like theres a problem

lspiderl

my group just cant get past teh delay  so it looks like we wont be  keeping the site if theres no way to remove it

its jstu TOO much of a hassle to use which is sad because i relay liked it  besides that /sigh i was even ready to take advantage of the pay services    but waiting 30 seconds EVERY time we post is jstu  unbearable

what i realy dont get is why its like that for my boards but not here

Paul

Quote from: lspiderl;537845my group just cant get past teh delay  so it looks like we wont be  keeping the site if theres no way to remove it

its jstu TOO much of a hassle to use which is sad because i relay liked it  besides that /sigh i was even ready to take advantage of the pay services    but waiting 30 seconds EVERY time we post is jstu  unbearable

I must admit i had the same frustration when i first started my forum however when you weigh up the for & against i decided to stay.

Many other free forum hosts have  problems with their sites being down a lot of the time ( one i know of has server error messages appear regular), their support team are very slow at answering problems or fixing problems with members forums ( often leaving them for a couple of days with out answering then do nothing about it)), they promise this that and the other but most of the time will not deliver with out additional costs.

There may be a delay in posting but apart from that i have found this to be the best free host for reliability, support , up time and friendliness 4 things that to me are more important than a 30 second delay.

I hope you take the time to consider these things before moving on. if you decide to move on then i wish you all the best.

lspiderl

the problem is the descision isnt soely in my hands

its a group choice with the mapmaker having hte largest sway over teh group and he cant STAND teh delay so  no matter how much i love it if hes not into it the group wont follow

that said a 30 second delay jsut to post is truely absurd and doesnt help stop spam it jsut annoys posters

it should be something each site can choose  not a blanket  setting   ive got great moderators and have NEVER had a problem wwith spam or moderation  so all this does is make things needlessly complicated

i mean look at these support boards   theres no delay on these for some reason and yet  no spam

so why is it these boards  no delay but  were stuck with it

i mean esspecialy if i decide to go for paid service it doesnt make sence not to have that choice

ramook

Ok How is it possible that in these a short time sending a posts,but i think they use same phpBB
example
DreamBox-Zone - Početna

lspiderl

im not sure what your saying bro

but if i sumbit a post here its instantanious  

on my board  if i submit a post it sits there for 30 seconds  seemingly doing nothing before it goes through which makes people think its not working

tanduy2506

Hi,

I think lspiderl want to disable "spam preventer", ramook.
Something that Paul said is so sensible.
Quote from: kimgold2010;537801We do apologize for the inconvenience.
Although there is the inconvenience in the process of posting, but it is useful to prevent spammers.
And you only click this button once time before you post message.
Hope you will understand.

Quote from: lspiderl;537847i mean esspecialy if i decide to go for paid service it doesnt make sence not to have that choice
We're still in discussion about the paid service for remove Ads or some other choice you want.
If there is some good news, we'll let you know.

lspiderl

except  its not that usefull to prevent spam its only useful in preventing people from posting regularly as they get frustertated with waiting

i can understand a small delay when posting but 30 seconds is HUGE   and it doesnt even give u a messege that its going through so it just makes it seem like teh forums are slow

and like i said before  if it was so important why wouldnt it be implimented on the support forums as well ?   because here i click sumbit and it goes righ through

on my boards i click sumbit and it sits there doing NOTHING for at least a full 30 seconds or more

lspiderl

in fact as i think about it the delay only HELPS spammers as now they have 30 seconds to  click submit as much as possible to make  6 dozen spaming threads   so it accualy makes itEASIER to spam rather than harder

lspiderl

still trying to figure out why if this delay is so nessisary then why isnt it   turned on for the support forums ?

tanduy2506

Hi lspiderl,
Quote from: lspiderl;537853I can understand a small delay when posting but 30 seconds is HUGE   and it doesnt even give u a messege that its going through so it just makes it seem like teh forums are slow
Now we set the posting delay down to 15 seconds.
We know you feel a little uncomfortable but we just want to protect our server.
I really hope you understand.

Quote from: lspiderl;537792and is there a pay option to remove adds ?
Now you can remove advertisement out of your forum by paying a fee for this.
Just go to http://www.freeforum.ca/upgrade-forum.html and choose an option of "Ad Removal" that you want.

Thanks for your suggestion.