News:

Welcome to ForumMate.com

Main Menu

PhpNuke or Phpbb ?

Started by exkalibur, April 20, 2011, 09:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exkalibur

Good day

From your personal experiences, Is a PhpNuke board more flexible to administer and, do the ones on this host have more features than the Phpbb boards ?

Thanks
Exkalibur

MaT

Quote from: exkalibur;538342Good day
From your personal experiences, Is a PhpNuke board more flexible to administer and, do the ones on this host have more features than the Phpbb boards ?
Thanks
Exkalibur

Phpnuke has a Wide variety of add ons and different ways to make your site look and appear different other than Phpbb3 as it is mainly just for community forums which can only look one way as a forum, but it is how you set up your forum which attacts people.

In my personal Opinion i prefer phpnuke for its layout and options but would rather use phpbb3 forum for its additions.

Hope i have helped.
Cheers,
FreeForum Team
[/b]

My Site's.
My Face Book
My PS3 Clan Site
[/b]

tanduy2506

Quote from: exkalibur;538342Good day

Thanks
Hi Exkalibur,
It's hard to say which is better :-D
Maybes, phpBB3 is newer than PHP-Nuke a little.
PHP-Nuke is real portal which integrated phpBB2 forum into it like a module.
phpBB3 also have own portal. But that portal is so complicated than PHP-Nuke portal.

In PHP-Nuke, we can add blocks, modules  more and more.
About installing new module, the support team must think it carefully because our service have a lot of sites.
But the Forums module of PHP-Nuke doesn't have so much functions like phpBB3:)
But in some case, it will easy to custom and add new feature than phpBB2 a little.

I just want to let you know, we use echoPHP phpBB MultiForums on freeforum.ca.
Therefor, our phpBB3 have a little different with phpBB3 standalone.

Thanks for your interested in PHP-Nuke.
And thanks for choosing our service.

roja.romans

google'convert phpbb to phpnuke' (no quotes) - there are many pages to help you.Or install phpbb on your new site.:-P