News:

Welcome to ForumMate.com

Main Menu

Feedback

Started by Binamin, August 11, 2011, 11:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Binamin

Hello, I don't know if you can fix this, but these things annoy me since I started using these forums. If they get fixed, it will increase the pleasure of using these forums a lot :).

When I login as admin and I get this message:
Information

You have successfully authenticated and will now be redirected to the Administration Control Panel.

Proceed to the ACP

It always brings me back to the index page instead of the ACP.

CAPTCHA module settings
When I try and change the CAPTCHA to another one it never works. I can't choose anything else besides GD CAPTCHA. Because every time I change it into something else, it changes back automatically. And I always get so many complains that GD CAPTCHA is unreadable and people fail like 8 times before they get it right.

When I want to check out styles, I can't preview them first, but I have to install them first and then I can see if I like them. It would be nice if there was either a preview option straight away or a mass install of all the styles instead of doing them all 1 by 1.

Hope I am not a nagger or anything, just want you guys to improve because you are the best forum hosters there are, with awesome customer service. :)

"We do apologize for this inconvenience!"
"button: please click here to continue"

This is a message showing up for no reason every now and then, especially when new users want to register. You get the feeling something is wrong, but nothing really is.....

tanduy2506

Quote from: Binamin;539600Hello, I don't know if you can fix this, but these things annoy me since I started using these forums. If they get fixed, it will increase the pleasure of using these forums a lot :).

When I login as admin and I get this message:
Information

You have successfully authenticated and will now be redirected to the Administration Control Panel.

Proceed to the ACP

It always brings me back to the index page instead of the ACP.
Nice to talking with you again :smiley-laughing:
That's default feature of phpBB3. I have no idea. You don't like that way, right. I'll take a look that code.
Quote2.
CAPTCHA module settings
When I try and change the CAPTCHA to another one it never works. I can't choose anything else besides GD CAPTCHA. Because every time I change it into something else, it changes back automatically. And I always get so many complains that GD CAPTCHA is unreadable and people fail like 8 times before they get it right.
We don't support it because there are so much problem.
Maybes, I'll forward this question for  kimgold2010
Quote3.
When I want to check out styles, I can't preview them first, but I have to install them first and then I can see if I like them. It would be nice if there was either a preview option straight away or a mass install of all the styles instead of doing them all 1 by 1.

Hope I am not a nagger or anything, just want you guys to improve because you are the best forum hosters there are, with awesome customer service. :)
Great suggestion,

But maybe it's hard to add that feature, there are not screenshot of our styles.
Quoteyou are the best forum hosters there are, with awesome customer service.
Thanks you so so much :smiley-laughing:
Quote4.
"We do apologize for this inconvenience!"
"button: please click here to continue"

This is a message showing up for no reason every now and then, especially when new users want to register. You get the feeling something is wrong, but nothing really is.....
It just uses for prevent spam bot.
Do you you want to change something else?

Paul

Hi mate

If your style also says Administration control panel somewhere under the Proceed to ACP click that one, it will take you directly to the ACP rather than back to the index.

With the captcha issue you are able to change the settings to make it readable.

ACP >General > Captcha module settings > configure

From here you can make it more readable

these are the settings I have and no one has any problems reading the Captcha.
GD CAPTCHA foreground noise: = No
GD CAPTCHA background noise x-axis: = 25
GD CAPTCHA background noise y-axis: = 25
GD CAPTCHA wave distortion: = No
Add 3D-noise objects: = No
Use different fonts: = Default

Like you I first had a problem not knowing what a style looked like, what I did here was open up a new window > google images and typed in phpbb then the style name, it saves time from installing and uninstalling if you don't like it.

Hope this helps.

Binamin

The CAPTCHA problem still remains, doesn't matter what I choose, it always switches back. Maybe one of you can change it for me? I'd like CAPTCHA without GD

tanduy2506

Right,

It's too hard to say but I had to...
You're so awesome :smiley-laughing:  and all of us, too.
I think everybody can learn more and more.
Time after time, we get more experience.
Try to solve the problem and make it in your way.
We can learn form ourself and other members at here.

Have a nice weekend, guys.

Paul

I can take a look mate
please check your pm's here
Paul

Binamin

Paul

Changed the settings for you mate.
easier to read:happy8se:

Binamin