Mod requests

Started by Paul, August 17, 2011, 02:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramook

Quote from: tanduy2506;539804Hi ramook,

I tested it. It's really cool.
But in some case it's not secure.
All members in the support team agree that GD CAPTCHA is good than other Captcha plugins.

We don't allow to overwrite it.
All phpBB3 owners must use it for security reasons.

Hope you understand, bro.

About that mod, is it necessary?
Actually, I also like it :warm:
But I don't know should I install it or not.

No is not necessary.
But i suggest because for all new user i send welcome PM in this case i will know this user speak my lenguage or not and welcome message can be in my lenguage or enlish and sometimes same hapens with chat.so i know what lenguage i can use for each user.and thre is manny things connected with this MOD
in fact, as I said is not necessary.Your decision my friend.
THX

afriendlycow

Quote from: Paul;539668Just a couple of mods that I think will benefit our forum owners

The first is Forum background, which allows forum Admins to put a back ground image on each forum.
This mod would make all our forums look  unique from the normal boring styles.
phpBB • Forum Background for phpBB3 - Contribution Details

The next one is Moderator Needed

phpBB • Moderator Needed - Contribution Details

I'll love to have the forum background. I am guessing a moderator is needed to add the forum background? If so here the site---> Welcome to Bronies And Ponies Community!

tanduy2506

Quote from: afriendlycow;539898I'll love to have the forum background. I am guessing a moderator is needed to add the forum background? If so here the site---> Welcome to Bronies And Ponies Community!
Hi,

Your site is PHP-Nuke :smiley-embarassed:
Why don't try to use our phpBB3 forum?

Thanks.

tanduy2506

Quote from: ramook;539806No is not necessary.
But i suggest because for all new user i send welcome PM in this case i will know this user speak my lenguage or not and welcome message can be in my lenguage or enlish and sometimes same hapens with chat.so i know what lenguage i can use for each user.and thre is manny things connected with this MOD
in fact, as I said is not necessary.Your decision my friend.
THX
Hi bro,

That mod need to be changed a column of User table.
If we install it, we must to backup the user table before.

Give me some time to test it.
Thanks.

Barkerdude

you want 2 find new mob

ramook

Check if already posted
Like title say.Sometimes members make double post's

tanduy2506

Quote from: ramook;540023Check if already posted
Like title say.Sometimes members make double post's
Cool,

Do you want to talk about "Double Posts" mod for phpBB?
Or do you know the other mod? :smiley-laughing:

Thanks for your suggestion.

ramook

Quote from: tanduy2506;540024Cool,

Do you want to talk about "Double Posts" mod for phpBB?
Or do you know the other mod? :smiley-laughing:

Thanks for your suggestion.

Neither but I wish to have this MOD for us.

Barkerdude

ramook

Hi
I am asking for options so i can change number of posts.
Reason is if i like to delete some posts we lost a number of posts.
I think i ask this before.
Examle:

tanduy2506

Quote from: ramook;540118Hi
I am asking for options so i can change number of posts.
Reason is if i like to delete some posts we lost a number of posts.
I think i ask this before.
Examle:
Hi,

Are there something wrong?
If you delete some posts, the number of posts will be decrease.
Please you explain more :smiley-laughing:

dutch.download

I'm reading this post and I think it's not fair to temper with the real statistics.
If you delete posts then the counter should decrease. If any bot would scan on this kind of counters then it would be a kind of cheating if you could raise your posts counter.

Furthermore you must ask yourself what reason you would have to delete posts. Sometimes a post is outdated but the content is still valuable. In that case you could consider creating some kind of archive and put those older posts in that section.

But if you really delete posts then manually altering the counter is not right.
This is my opinion

ramook

Quote from: tanduy2506;540119Hi,

Are there something wrong?
If you delete some posts, the number of posts will be decrease.
Please you explain more :smiley-laughing:

No is not wrong hehehe.I use this pic. to show you without mod changing number of post,now we need mod here so i can edit here.if you understand??

Quote from: dutch.download;540121I'm reading this post and I think it's not fair to temper with the real statistics.
If you delete posts then the counter should decrease. If any bot would  scan on this kind of counters then it would be a kind of cheating if you  could raise your posts counter.

Furthermore you must ask yourself what reason you would have to delete  posts. Sometimes a post is outdated but the content is still valuable.  In that case you could consider creating some kind of archive and put  those older posts in that section.

But if you really delete posts then manually altering the counter is not right.
This is my opinion

I understand whe you say some of old posts is still for someoone new.But i have forum vith some files that come out every day a new so from Yesterday, the old and not worth any more.

Paul

I agree with dutch.download, as bots use the post count in their ranking of forums.
Saying you have more posts than there actually are is deceiving and pushes other simular forums down the ranks.

Creating a rubbish bin or post archive would be the best thing IMO, as you still have the posts on your forum (whether or not they can be viewed by members would be your decision) and you would not be deceiving any one.

Like dutch.download said being able to alter your post count manually is just wrong.

tanduy2506

Hi ramook,

So sorry, we don't support that feature.
I really hope you understand.