Can I use Direct Links?

Started by HBK, November 13, 2011, 02:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HBK

Can I use Direct Links (Eg:megaupload,wupload) in my forum.

ramook

Quote from: HBK;540479Can I use Direct Links (Eg:megaupload,wupload) in my forum.

I'm not sure that you think the link like (link-url) or u think can u use program or some script from megaupload,wupload for download.
For first i can say yes u can use links-url but other not.
What i like to say is this:
http://www.forummate.com/forums/phpbb-support-forum/444425-megaupload-tools.html?highlight=upload

Paul

Quote from: HBK;540479Can I use Direct Links (Eg:megaupload,wupload) in my forum.

Looking at the TOS I would think it's safe to say you are ok......well it reads to me as if you are

Quote from:  From the TOSwe have no objection to referencing commercial or non-commercial site homepages, products, services, or informational sites and links, in reference to any post, it's context or idea being conveyed, if access to such is available to the general public, and it specifically relates to the discussion.

HBK

This is my site.  
Free Forum Hosting

See this post this is what I mentioned above. I used wupload links for my thread, Can I use like this?
Free Forum Hosting

And I need another help also, I couldn't create categories in my forum please check it also

Paul

To set your categories

ACP > Forums > type the category in the box at the bottom > click create new forum  >

> forum type =category > parent forum = no parent > submit

> set permissions > select the groups from the list (using the mouse ctrl and alt to select multiple groups) > set the required permissions for each group > submit.

click on the forum tab again > click on the category you just created > type in a forum name > click create new forum  > forum type = forum > parent forum = this will be the name of the category you created > half way down the page it will say " Copy permissions from: = the name of category (if permissions are the same.....if not "Do not copy permissions) submit

If you copied permissions from the category just click "« Back to previous page"
you can now make more forums for that category.

repeat the above stages again when creating new categories and forums

Remember categories need to have permissions set and a forum to show on the index page.

hope this helps

Paul

HBK

I tried to create categories but still problem. it's not appearing on the index page please help me.

Paul

Just joined to give you a hand
Can you check your private messages here, just sent you one.

Paul

tanduy2506

Quote from: HBK;540489I tried to create categories but still problem. it's not appearing on the index page please help me.
Oh,

There is no problem in creating categories. It works fine.

Because your current style don't show category name: moviezxpress.phpbbstar.com/index.php?style=2

Please try to test with another style: Free Forum Hosting

Ex: Your category (¯`*•.¸General¸.•*´¯) is here: moviezxpress.phpbbstar.com/viewforum.php?f=9

Is it right?

HBK

Thanks guys for your replies =). I changed the skin now it's working fine. Can I ask mods here?

tanduy2506

Quote from: HBK;540498Thanks guys for your replies =). I changed the skin now it's working fine. Can I ask mods here?
Great,

What mods do you want to suggest?
If it's alright, we'll install it.

HBK

Acp announcement centre & PM Notify & Guest Register Bar
I need these 2 mods.

tanduy2506

Quote from: HBK;540500Acp announcement centre & PM Notify & Guest Register Bar
I need these 2 mods.
Hi,

We don't install "Acp announcement centre"
Can you give the link to views the mod: PM Notify & Guest Register Bar?
I'll check it, thanks.

ramook

Quote from: HBK;540483This is my site.  
Free Forum Hosting

See this post this is what I mentioned above. I used wupload links for my thread, Can I use like this?
Free Forum Hosting

And I need another help also, I couldn't create categories in my forum please check it also

Hi HBK
I am register on your forum but i have no any permission to post???

HBK

Ok thanks for your reply. here is the link
phpBB • PM Notify & Guest Register bar - Contribution Details

Note. portal is not working for my skin please help and fix the problem. then only I can start posting

tanduy2506

Hi HBK,

Please set permission to register members, ramook is waiting to post a reply on your forum.
Quote from: HBK;540503Ok thanks for your reply. here is the link
phpBB • PM Notify & Guest Register bar - Contribution Details

Note. portal is not working for my skin please help and fix the problem. then only I can start posting
The portal only work for some style.
We don't support to customize the other styles :smiley-frown:
I'll take a look that mod.
Do you have any opinion?