Image not available

Started by ramook, May 24, 2012, 09:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramook

Can you please make this for guests
When they search forum can not see the photo

Or i can do my self but i do not know how???

tanduy2506

Quote from: ramook;542374Can you please make this for guests

Hi,

I really don't know there is a mod to do that or not.
I guess they already customize search result page like that :rolleyes5cz:

ramook

I know what you mean and i will try to find solution.I must do it becouse guest search something like example this toturial:

or forum link:
>>>World-Best-Sat Forum<<< • Dreambox Tutoriali by @macro E1

In this case they don not must register.
I hope You understand me...

Paul

Quote from: ramook;542374Can you please make this for guests

As said there is not a mod but you can do it yourself.

ACP > PERMISSIONS > Groups Forum permissions > select guests > in the advanced options > content > can download files > never

Member view for topic.

guest view for topic.

You are going to have to set this to each forum/sub forum that you don't want images / attachments shown in.

This will work with images and files uploaded with the attachments upload ....images that have been uploaded using an image  host can still be seen.

ramook

Quote from: Paul;542378As said there is not a mod but you can do it yourself.

ACP > PERMISSIONS > Groups Forum permissions > select guests > in the advanced options > content > can download files > never

Member view for topic.

guest view for topic.

You are going to have to set this to each forum/sub forum that you don't want images / attachments shown in.

This will work with images and files uploaded with the attachments upload ....images that have been uploaded using an image  host can still be seen.

Yes i do but not work :smiley-frown:
Same like before
Like guest i see all

Paul

Quote from: ramook;542379Yes i do but not work :smiley-frown:
Same like before
Like guest i see all

Just looked and those images are uploaded with an imageshack code
It will not work if its an image that uses bbcode (code from an image host) you need to upload as an attachment for it to work.

Another thought on this .....have you tried using the hidden bbcode that is in the abbc3 BBcodes ?

That works on images from an image host mate.... Ijust tested it

Paste the image code into the message box >  highlite the text > click the hidden image bbcode (H) and submit ....registered users see , guests do not.

ramook

Quote from: Paul;542381Just looked and those images are uploaded with an imageshack code
It will not work if its an image that uses bbcode (code from an image host) you need to upload as an attachment for it to work.

Another thought on this .....have you tried using the hidden bbcode that is in the abbc3 BBcodes ?

That works on images from an image host mate.... Ijust tested it

Paste the image code into the message box >  highlite the text > click the hidden image bbcode (H) and submit ....registered users see , guests do not.

THX Paul now is good

Paul

Good to see that fixed your problem .........I will make a guide/  tutorial (in the next few days ) so other members know how to hide content  from guests.

ramook

Quote from: Paul;542384Good to see that fixed your problem .........I will make a guide/  tutorial (in the next few days ) so other members know how to hide content  from guests.

THX Paul i will try to help you about tutorial,becouse you are help me...:smiley-wink:

This is Tutorial how to hide the contents of the forum from GUEST's

Hope i help u...:smiley-wink::smiley-wink::smiley-wink:

Paul

Nice one Ramook....
I'm sure that should help others who want to hide bits of content from guests but still let them see other bits of the post........... thanks

tanduy2506

Quote from: Paul;542387Nice one Ramook....
I'm sure that should help others who want to hide bits of content from guests but still let them see other bits of the post........... thanks
Thanks for your helps, Paul.

Good tutorial, ramook :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: