News:

Welcome to ForumMate.com

Main Menu

noob needs shout box help

Started by DavidKyle, June 23, 2012, 03:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidKyle

I need to make my shout box only visable on my forum and not the portal because we do not want guests to see it. Can Anyone help me with that?

Paul

Hi DavidKyle welcome to forumate.

There is an option on how portal blocks are displayed on the portal, go into your admin control panel >> click on STARGATE PORTAL (tab) >> click on manage blocks >> find  Shout box and click on the green edit icon >> find View By: and choose from the options in the drop down box >> click submit for changes to take place.

All portal blocks have this option so you can customise the portal page to suit what is viewed by the guests, registered users, moderators and admin.

DavidKyle

Quote from: Paul;542511Hi DavidKyle welcome to forumate.

There is an option on how portal blocks are displayed on the portal, go into your admin control panel >> click on STARGATE PORTAL (tab) >> click on manage blocks >> find  Shout box and click on the green edit icon >> find View By: and choose from the options in the drop down box >> click submit for changes to take place.

All portal blocks have this option so you can customise the portal page to suit what is viewed by the guests, registered users, moderators and admin.
Thanks you very much!