ForumMate.com - Back Online new ownership

Started by ForumMate, September 23, 2012, 12:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForumMate

Hello,
We recently took over ForumMate.com, along with phpbbstar.com and freeforum.ca
Unfortunately took a little longer than we wanted to get control of the domains and get everything repointed which is why the sites were down. But we are working on making it back to you with new updates and improvements.

We have many years of forum hosting experience and run some other large forum hosts such as http://www.createaforum.com

Now what I need from you when possible if you see any bugs/issues or things are just broken let us know on the support forums and we will look into the issues and get them fixed.

Current issues at the moment:
Portal system for phpBB forums broken.
We don't have control over NoonHost.com and superfreeforums.com will see if we can get those domains as well.
Nuke Hosting - if you all still use it let me know we have eznuke.com freephpnuke.org and greatnuke.com

Thanks,
ForumMate.com Team

Paul

May I wish you all the best with the new ownership of Forumate

It's great to have the forums back up again after being offline for so long

ForumMate

Thanks I am glad to have it back online! Now time to rebuild and get it growing again.

NoHumorMan

Welcome to the new owners.

Will all the forums be back up soon?  I'm particularly inquiring about this one: http://thepropden.aokforums.com/
No Humor Man - Corporation for Bad Swimmers

ForumMate

Quote from: NoHumorMan on September 23, 2012, 03:57:05 PM
Welcome to the new owners.

Will all the forums be back up soon?  I'm particularly inquiring about this one: http://thepropden.aokforums.com/
Will try to bring those sites online in the next couple hours.

The main issue is I don't control/ownership of the aokforums.com domain so will see if I can get that domain as well.

The Undertaker

It's great to see the forums back on line but I do have a question ForumMate . Why were the administrators of their forums not notified that this was going to be taking place and that the forums would be offline for this amount of time ? It would have been nice to get the heads up so we could have notified our members before hand ! That can be real damaging to a forum !

Thanks

Rick Stanley  ( Takers Prop Lair and The Sci-Fi Convention Signers Co-Operative Forums )

ForumMate

That I do not have answer for.
I thought I saw the old owners put a notice that sites were being upgraded/moved.

Process was like this:
Sites bought:
DB's copied took a couple days sites offline during that process
Domains started to be repointed.
Domain ownership.

The key domain forummate.com took the longest to get pointed over which was the main delay.
Keep in my mind I had emails going back and forth over days/weeks to get everything moved over correctly.

The Undertaker

Nope, no notice . Oh well. Thanks for the quick response .

dutch.download

Hello new owners,

What exactly do you mean with no control over the domain noonhost.com? Does this has effect on a forum made on this hosting domain?
Furthermore is it your intention to convert the phpbb3 forus to SMF forums or will the forums on forummate still be phpBB3 and createaforum SMF?
For forummate being offline this long and all the problems with their infrastructure were no positive advertising even if you only were using the free services.
Because forumate also didn't support the backup and local storing in text format I was forced to rebuild my forum on my own dedicated hardware.

But lets see what will happen under new management.

ForumMate

These sites were included in the purchase ForumMate.com, phpbbstar.com and freeforum.ca  we did not know about the others until recently. And will see if we can get them to.
Forummate.com  and forums here willl remain all phpBB3

We converted the support forum to SMF due to issues with getting vbulletin not working and taking a long time to get that figured and we did not have a license for it.

Esquilache

Why can't I create a new user here in this forum?

ForumMate

A new user on this forum? What issue are you having?

Esquilache

When I try to register a new user I get this:

An Error Has Occurred!
The letters you typed don't match the letters that were shown in the picture.

What picture? I don't see any picture. Where is it?

lobosoll

well your here and a newbie wats the prob lol

ForumMate

Quote from: Esquilache on September 24, 2012, 06:41:21 PM
When I try to register a new user I get this:

An Error Has Occurred!
The letters you typed don't match the letters that were shown in the picture.

What picture? I don't see any picture. Where is it?
Fixed thanks for heads up.