Started by NoHumorMan, February 06, 2014, 06:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoHumorMan

Hello support, I have been approached by two people so far who reports difficulty in signing up to your service.  I'm in the process of gathering the information from them regarding their site and issues signing up so I can forward them to you.  It seems there's a problem with the crapctha code or whatever they are called - the ones where you enter numbers or text to prove you are not a bot.  They apparently do not work as it gives an error message *An Error Has Occurred! The letters you typed don't match the letters that were shown in the picture* even though they say they entered the correct text/digits.

Hope this can be looked at, so they can sign up and get their site out of suspension.
No Humor Man - Corporation for Bad Swimmers

NoHumorMan

This is the info from one of the people who contacted me regarding this issue:

Quote from: khaosSubject: Khaos http://www.forummate.com register problem for many

Quote from: No Humor ManI will forward your details.  If you could pm me the name of your forum and the username you tried to sign up with on the forummate site and your e-mail address, then I can approach support regarding the issue with the "bot authentication code box".

http://godsofdestructi.noonhost.com/ this is the name and link of the suspended website we would like to restore to working order hopefully with all information still intact   :cool:   * I think it was suspended dude to bots of some sort* 

we were then asked to contact forummate where there give us questions to fill out on how to reactivate it.

the sign up name on forumate I tried to use was "Khaos969" however it wont be in the database because I was never able to register.. jedmmitchell@hotmail.co.uk is my email

thanks for your help much appreciated  :thumbsup

NoHumorMan

Received another question that I'm forwarding here.  Hopefully you can help all these people quickly.

Quote from: khaosThanks for posting our problem appreciated , do you know if theres any individual I can contact directly through email like a site admin?

NoHumorMan

Is there any help available for these people who cannot get access to their forum or to this support site?

ForumMate

This forum? Or signup for the service it self?

NoHumorMan

Seems both.  After creating the forum you would have to activate it, yes?  Seems that isn't possible.  And then they cannot alert you to this, because they cannot sign up here and let you know, because there seems to be an issue with your spam bot crapctha system.  I've experienced that recently on a few other sites as well, where it states the code entered is wrong even though it was correctly typed, spaced and with upper and lower characters and numbers where needed.  It seems there is a flaw with some of those, so should definitely be looked at.

I've heard from two so far and they only found their way to me because I was the last poster here, so they found my forum and our facebook page for the forum.  I'm sure there are loads more who has no way of alerting you to this fact that they cannot get their forum out of suspension, nor sign up here to speak for themselves.

ForumMate

Fixed the support forum signup issue. The only forums suspended in the last couple months were spam ones that I can remember.

ForumMate

Forum signups work as well. There was no issue with that though.

NoHumorMan

Cool.  I'll let them know.  Wonder what caused it then?

ForumMate

Support forum was a bad code placement when we changed captchas to reduce spambots

NoHumorMan

Maybe a back-up contact option could be considered, in case a glitch like this happens again, so people will always have a way of contacting you.

Anyway, I've written to the people who have contacted me that they can try signing up here now, so they may chime in.